Gold Cup 2023

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

Does anyone know of any examples of players born in one of these non-FIFA nations that have gone on to play for the French national team?

I know Frédéric Piquionne represented France for a friendly once and was called in for Euro Qualifying but never saw the field.  He later went on to represent Martinique in the Caribbean Cup and I believe one Gold Cup as well.  Born in New Caledonia who played for clubs Rennes, Saint Etienne, Monaco, Portsmouth, West Ham United and even Portland Timbers later in his career among others.

I remember watching him in the Gold Cup and was shocked to see such a big name representing Martinique .  At the time I was under the impression that him representing Martinique meant he could never represent France again but that is completely unconfirmed.  At that point in his career, he would never been good enough for France anyways.

Edited by Corazon

59 minutes ago, Kent said:

Does anyone know of any examples of players born in one of these non-FIFA nations that have gone on to play for the French national team?

Active players are World Cup champion Thomas Lemar born in Guadeloupe, and current number 1 Maignan born in French Guiana.

Malouda was born in French Guiana. 

Im sure there's more, I know there's more at the youth levels.