Match Thread: Friendly - Canada v Nigeria - April 8, 2022

narduch

Just a note, Oshoala is likely still injured. When I went to see FCB-Real Madrid at Camp Nou last week, she was in street clothes, not even dressed. If they stripped her of the captaincy because she did not respond to the call, that is poor.

She had an injury in the third week of February and they gave her 10 weeks to recover--so I suspect they don't want her travelling and playing when she is about to reappear. She seemed to have been injured playing for Nigeria, so that is another factor. And she had a two-month ligament injury that had her out from Nov to January. I think the conservative approach is probably wise.

I can't speak to the competition but I thought our girls played very well, there was a confidence in their passing and we were rarely troubled although it took an enormous save off their only shot to keep the Super Falcons off the board, we need to be a little more clinical around goal because there were lots of chances created!

5 minutes ago, gator said:

Does anyone know what was going on with the Voyageurs, I didn't really notice a supporters section but that could have just been the broadcast production, we are getting called out on twitter:

He's comparing highly-charged, once-in-a-generation World Cup qualifiers to friendlies. It's a bit disingenuous, IMO.