Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Preliminary Round - Ottawa v Valour - August 21, 2021

• narduch changed the title to Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Preliminary Round - Ottawa v Valour - August 21, 2021
10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I wonder if Wheels gets a pain every time Ricci scores??  Hahahahaa!

Ollie must have been feeling a bit smug during the post match.  

Speaking of on-air personalities.  What, no 60 posts of NIgel Reed v Wheels match commentary analysis?  Or am I posting too soon?

Yeah, @jonovision, it is a gift you have.  But this may be proof that your superhero power is continuing to evolve.  You might not even need to post critiques to get that butterfly effect anymore, you just need to motion the keypunches and voila!  Like a magician's slight of hand.  This could be huge.

7 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Speaking of on-air personalities.  What, no 60 posts of NIgel Reed v Wheels match commentary analysis?  Or am I posting too soon?

Seems like Reed is being used exclusively for the Voyageurs Cup.

I'm on Team De Blasis for the record 

By the way.  Fun match, very easy on the eyes.  Thought Akio was great and it was nice to see Valour use the width of the field more than they have, which was a complaint going in with me and mine.  

How bizzare was that defensive ankle high header Mikhael tried on that pass into the box?   Room went quiet for a second after that and then everyone was "What the Hell?"  LOL.  No harm done.  Don't do that again, please.  

In spite of the loss I have to say both Atletico & York have been looking much better the last few weeks. 

Edited by Cheeta

49 minutes ago, narduch said:

Seems like Reed is being used exclusively for the Voyageurs Cup.

I'm on Team De Blasis for the record 

Reed had to beg our pardon, as he is wont to do, for calling the early Akio chance a goal when it clearly wasn't (see highlight package above). I almost missed it because his goal call was so lacking in any sort of enthusiasm.