Match Thread: June 1, 2019 - HFX Wanderers v. Pacific FC

A nail-biter of a game, but I think we just about shaded the result.  The ol' ticker was in my throat with that late Pacific chance that Oxner just managed to keep out.

I have to say I was impressed with Kourouma and IIda turned it up a notch in the second half.  Perea held the ball up quite well for the most part and Schaale was pretty solid as well.  Still not 100 percent convinced on Arnone (prefer Hocine to him), but there is still time to turn it around.

Haber was a disappointment for Pacific though I admit that I'm a fan of Ben Fisk...I wouldn't mind him on the Wanderers.

Another great crowd and still unbeaten at home in the league, so some positives as the Wanderers head into Wednesday night.

Cheers,

Terry

20 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

A nail-biter of a game, but I think we just about shaded the result.  The ol' ticker was in my throat with that late Pacific chance that Oxner just managed to keep out.

I have to say I was impressed with Kourouma and IIda turned it up a notch in the second half.  Perea held the ball up quite well for the most part and Schaale was pretty solid as well.  Still not 100 percent convinced on Arnone (prefer Hocine to him), but there is still time to turn it around.

Haber was a disappointment for Pacific though I admit that I'm a fan of Ben Fisk...I wouldn't mind him on the Wanderers.

Another great crowd and still unbeaten at home in the league, so some positives as the Wanderers head into Wednesday night.

Cheers,

Terry

I'm also not on the Arnone train yet. I think I prefer both Hocine AND N'Sa... so we'll see what Hart prefers over time. 

10 hours ago, Copes said:

I'm also not on the Arnone train yet. I think I prefer both Hocine AND N'Sa... so we'll see what Hart prefers over time. 

I think he's cover for both right now as I've heard they're on the bench with slight knocks. He's made some howlers on the defensive side, but other than that has been relatively steady.