James Hutton / Barton St. Batallion interview

Hi all,

Yesterday evening we had the pleasure of sitting down with James Hutton, founder of Hamilton's Barton St. Batallion to discuss all things CanPL, soccer support in the city, how the group organizes, what we can expect from an away day in Hamilton and a ton more. It was a fun chat - would love to hear your thoughts.

https://underthecoshblog.com/2017/07/11/coshcast-special-barton-st-battalion-canpl/

5 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

how bad must this beer be if this entire thread so far is devoted to shitting on it 

The cans have lovely art on the side. It's too bad that what is inside tastes like piss.

I think they should just sell the cans to people who actually know how to brew.

*BANTS* (they actually just won gold in the US Open, so maybe it's just their IPAs that are awful)

4 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

*BANTS* (they actually just won gold in the US Open, so maybe it's just their IPAs that are awful)

To be fair, that is my biggest issue with Collective Arts, is that too much of their lineup is hop heavy. IPA is the single most overrated (and frankly disgusting) style in beer today. However, their Porter, Dry hop sour, Gose and last year's Hefeweizen were all standouts.

I like hops, especially when it's a lot of aroma and not so bitter... not so much into the stouts and wheats. Sours are starting to grow on me. But pale ales are always my favourite. 

...That's it,  I'm picking up a pack of Rhyme and Reason on the way home. 

10 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

The cans have lovely art on the side. It's too bad that what is inside tastes like piss.

I think they should just sell the cans to people who actually know how to brew.

this is a bit of a tangent, but this is an industry I really need to get into.  Straight up if anyone knows someone who's coming out with a microbrew and needs a label designed, I will do it for free for exposure.

1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

this is a bit of a tangent, but this is an industry I really need to get into.  Straight up if anyone knows someone who's coming out with a microbrew and needs a label designed, I will do it for free for exposure.

I have some friends opening one up in the next few weeks. I'll ask about future opportunities, as I like a lot of your stuff. I would expect you to help me turn them on to the footy scene though.

31 minutes ago, C2SKI said:

I have some friends opening one up in the next few weeks. I'll ask about future opportunities, as I like a lot of your stuff. I would expect you to help me turn them on to the footy scene though.

Awesome, thanks man!  

haha I'll do what I can, not sure how I would go about doing that though :) 

On 7/11/2017 at 6:45 AM, Under The Cosh Blog said:

Hi all,

Yesterday evening we had the pleasure of sitting down with James Hutton, founder of Hamilton's Barton St. Batallion to discuss all things CanPL, soccer support in the city, how the group organizes, what we can expect from an away day in Hamilton and a ton more. It was a fun chat - would love to hear your thoughts.

https://underthecoshblog.com/2017/07/11/coshcast-special-barton-st-battalion-canpl/

just going through this now, great interview.

I'm the Will that james mentioned, and, being thousands of km away, these are a nice way to keep up to date on what's going on.

It's definitely looking like there will be a nice little love triangle between Hamilton, Grand River(kitchener waterloo cambridge) and Mississauga.

keep up the good work!  

Archived