Atiba Hutchinson

MLDBanks

22 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Interesting that in the past two years the US player of the year was Altidore and Bradley, while Hutchinson was ours. I don't think it is even debatable that he is better than either of them.

Therefore it is interesting that we were able to produce a more talented player than the US. Now we just need to work on the depth and maybe we could be better than the US.

I never looked at it from that perspective

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Interesting that in the past two years the US player of the year was Altidore and Bradley, while Hutchinson was ours. I don't think it is even debatable that he is better than either of them.

Therefore it is interesting that we were able to produce a more talented player than the US. Now we just need to work on the depth and maybe we could be better than the US.

I've been told by a few press guys, coaches and players that the canadian boutique academies are better than almost all of the mls ones and even some epl ones. Problem according to most is that there's no easy way for them to get proper pro experience.

3 minutes ago, matty said:

I've been told by a few press guys, coaches and players that the canadian boutique academies are better than almost all of the mls ones and even some epl ones. Problem according to most is that there's no easy way for them to get proper pro experience.

Sigma is super talented. If they get on that "approved academy" list from CSA where their players are domestics it'll be interesting to see if they start selling players directly to MLS teams. 

56 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

Sigma is super talented. If they get on that "approved academy" list from CSA where their players are domestics it'll be interesting to see if they start selling players directly to MLS teams. 

Sigma is easily the highest profile and I think the largest of them and I do hope they are approved. They're quickly proving to be a more solid Canadian national team player factory than the MLS academies.

Dutch Connections gets a lot of praise too (possibly more) from people I've spoken with but they're a great deal smaller and not ready for the MLS list yet but when they are I hope we see them listed.

Sanjaxx seems to be gaining ground lately too but not sure. Curious how involved Pescara will be with their future or how serious that partnership is. Odd note: I think my nephew is taking a clinic there, really should ask at Christmas

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

I don't think Hutchinson is as good as Bradley.  I don't know where you think it's not even debatable.  It's almost hard to debate that Atiba is better than Bradley.  I think he's a fair bit behind him in fact.  

If Canada had Bradley and Altidore on the CMNT with Floro as the coach I'm fairly certain we would be in the Hex right now.

It's true that Atiba would probably be the only USMNT quality player (Larin and Arfield are close) we have but he's not better than their best.

11 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I don't think Hutchinson is as good as Bradley.  I don't know where you think it's not even debatable.  It's almost hard to debate that Atiba is better than Bradley.  I think he's a fair bit behind him in fact.  

If Canada had Bradley and Altidore on the CMNT with Floro as the coach I'm fairly certain we would be in the Hex right now.

It's true that Atiba would probably be the only USMNT quality player (Larin and Osorio are close) we have but he's not better than their best.

I mostly agree but I think it really depends on the day. I think if Hutch had the same opportunities and upbringing as Bradley, he would definitely be the better player. I also think if Hutch wasn't a Canadian he'd would have had a better shot at higher leagues.

4 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

It's true that Atiba would probably be the only USMNT quality player (Larin and Arfield are close) we have but he's not better than their best.

I dunno, I think Hutchinson and Arfield are better than every single midfielder the US called into their last WCQ squad (Bradley, Jones, Klestan, Zusi, Green, Gooch), save for Pulisic! Even Hoilett could be in there.

They are deeper up front, but Larin would definitely be in the conversation there as well.

Archived