Atiba Hutchinson

MLDBanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if he will let his contract run out. He can move to West Ham on a free next season if he wants and they are still interested, which they might be given that they have showed interest for multiple windows now under Bilic.

For now, he gets to play Champions League football and defend the Turkish Super Lig title. Not a bad position to be in at 33 years of age.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Wonder if he will let his contract run out. He can move to West Ham on a free next season if he wants and they are still interested, which they might be given that they have showed interest for multiple windows now under Bilic.

For now, he gets to play Champions League football and defend the Turkish Super Lig title. Not a bad position to be in at 33 years of age.

Didn't he just sign a 2 yr contract this summer?

The Beşiktaş president through the wonders of Google translate:

"I spoke with Atiba Hutchinson. He said he wanted to continue his career in England. According to him might be right reasons. Atiba good player and I was able to contribute to the senior team. Premier League West Ham United from the current 3.5 million euros in a bid for him. But I did not accept the offer. We will decide after talking to our players as well. In the opinion of our teacher also will draw a road map. But we will not compromise anyone. "

Seems like he wants to go.

http://www.karar.com/spor-haberleri/gomezden-iyisini-aliriz-181131

On 09/07/2016 at 7:55 AM, king1010 said:

Istanbul isnt th safest of cities right now. That may be a reason he wants out. 

Coup in progress, you are right. Obviously soccer is not the most important thing going on, I hope everyone is safe, but I'm betting Hutch wants to gtfo right now 

Just now, Blackdude said:

It's bad that you'd think that Besiktas would let Atiba anywhere go on a free. 

First thing Shakhtar Donetsk players did when the war started was they fled and had their agents try to get their contracts terminated.  Games were moved to Kiev to ensure their safety so nothing came of it. 

Don't be surprised if you see a lot of Turkish based players try and use this to get out of their contracts.

29 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

First thing Shakhtar Donetsk players did when the war started was they fled and had their agents try to get their contracts terminated.  Games were moved to Kiev to ensure their safety so nothing came of it. 

Don't be surprised if you see a lot of Turkish based players try and use this to get out of their contracts.

Name me which players had their contract terminated? And even if Besiktas knows that Atiba wants out, they'll still want to get something in return. Some players at Donetsk did leave, but some of them were sold others waited until the end of their contract to be free. They tried, but they couldn't because they were getting paid. Besiktas is a big club, and I'd be surprised that they would miss a pay day because it wouldn't look good to their shareholders. Could Atiba request a tranfer? Yes. Would he be released because of that? No, because he still has value. 

59 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Name me which players had their contract terminated? And even if Besiktas knows that Atiba wants out, they'll still want to get something in return. Some players at Donetsk did leave, but some of them were sold others waited until the end of their contract to be free. They tried, but they couldn't because they were getting paid. Besiktas is a big club, and I'd be surprised that they would miss a pay day because it wouldn't look good to their shareholders. Could Atiba request a tranfer? Yes. Would he be released because of that? No, because he still has value. 

I clearly stated "nothing came of it" because they moved the team to Kiev where it's safe. 

The point I thought was obvious is that in most every form of employment law an employer can't force an employee to work in a dangerous place or environment against their will.  That would give the employee valid legal grounds for contract termination.  Not necessarily saying Istanbul is going to be dangerous, or that Besiktas will force Atiba to dodge bullets on the way to practice.  It could be as safe as Pleasantville for all I know and I'm sure the club will keep the players out of harms way.  It was just a random thought to chew on.

If the coup is successful Turkey will probably be a safer and more free country under the military and their Attaturk traditions than it was under the admittedly democratically elected Islamic terrorist dictator Erdogan who has brought Turkey to ruin. If I were Atiba, Erdogan's removal would make me want to stay in Turkey more than leave as long as it does not result in a civil war.

6 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Cheers.  Objectively the best for him and for Canada.  Just the merest twinge of regret from a West Ham perspective, his position is well sorted but lots of experience in Europe. 

Also glad to see he is okay.  

Google translate makes my day sometimes; from the article

"The contract is 1 year with more black and white jewelry that Atiba 1 million guarantee, were paid 10 thousand euros per match."

8 hours ago, Grizzly said:

If the coup is successful Turkey will probably be a safer and more free country under the military and their Attaturk traditions than it was under the admittedly democratically elected Islamic terrorist dictator Erdogan who has brought Turkey to ruin. If I were Atiba, Erdogan's removal would make me want to stay in Turkey more than leave as long as it does not result in a civil war.

Friends and colleagues of mine who have spent time in Turkey tell stories of systematic state infiltration of any remotely oppositional position, and frequent manipulation of demonstrations and other communications to directly discredit them, or even detain people on trumped up charges. I was told by a friend, who was in Ismir over a longer period, that he had to avoid certain places like the university campus out of fear of what the security forces might invent in their war against the opposition (he does projects with teens related to skate culture, quite fascinating). Erdogan has gone about systematically eliminating people who do not agree with him, starting with those seeking greater freedoms and less state intervention--the pretext of the complicated geo-politics enables him to cry ISIS or PKK and then go after the committed democratic opposition.

Not forget join international allies against Isis but the instead bomb Kurdish forces fighting WITH said allies AGAINST Isis. Or the jailing of members of the press, both internationals and local reporters. Since Kemal Attatürk founded the modern Turkish nation there have been several interventions by the army to preserve the secular and, ironically, democratic nature of the state. If ever both of those values were in danger, it's now. 

10 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Friends and colleagues of mine who have spent time in Turkey tell stories of systematic state infiltration of any remotely oppositional position, and frequent manipulation of demonstrations and other communications to directly discredit them, or even detain people on trumped up charges. I was told by a friend, who was in Ismir over a longer period, that he had to avoid certain places like the university campus out of fear of what the security forces might invent in their war against the opposition (he does projects with teens related to skate culture, quite fascinating). Erdogan has gone about systematically eliminating people who do not agree with him, starting with those seeking greater freedoms and less state intervention--the pretext of the complicated geo-politics enables him to cry ISIS or PKK and then go after the committed democratic opposition.

#democracy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived