USL Signs ESPN Deal; Starts Production Division.

16 hours ago, shermanator said:

IMO the stream quality for the 3 Canadian clubs are pretty good. Doesn't look amazing on a 50" TV but it's still miles better than FC Edmonton's streams.

1. Indeed.

2. I really enjoy the Edmonton broadcasts. They're not in HD but I don't have any problems with that. TFC2 has real high quality broadcast and commentary, but I don't understand the wide shot they have. Kinda reminds me of the shot you see when playing football in a baseball stadium...

3. Good news overall, although I hope they still keep games available on youtube. 

5 hours ago, shamrock said:

TFC2 has real high quality broadcast and commentary, but I don't understand the wide shot they have. Kinda reminds me of the shot you see when playing football in a baseball stadium...

I think this may be because they do not have a stadium that has an elevated position for the camera.

14 hours ago, shamrock said:

1. Indeed.

2. I really enjoy the Edmonton broadcasts. They're not in HD but I don't have any problems with that. TFC2 has real high quality broadcast and commentary, but I don't understand the wide shot they have. Kinda reminds me of the shot you see when playing football in a baseball stadium...

3. Good news overall, although I hope they still keep games available on youtube. 

I have no problem with the FC Edmonton livestreams, their quality for me compares to the 3 Canadian MLS clubs USL farm team streams.

ESPN deal is a good one for the D3 USL, only 20 games for them streaming on ESPN3 this season plus the Championship match but a step up from the mish mash of quality in the free Youtube streams.

Archived