Fire-Whitecaps March 13

I sure celebrated that win, we deserved it. Relieved.

Though we lost initiative around m. 55, like vs. TFC, at least we kept our shape, you could see the idea was to not go crazy and ease through the bad moment. And we did, taking back the initiative and getting the win. At home we are going to have to be more patient.

Going forward Rivero is a good player, going to help us to have a mature first choice up front. Soon he'll be able to demand the ball and that hierachy will help us.

Other attackers like Manneh are frustratingly immature, making wrong decisions over and over again. And a lot of selfish play in attack as well. Do these guys not like each other? Why don't they like to pass to each other? Great counters spoiled by stupidity on the last touch before goal.

Ousted was good as was the back line. The mids are good with the ball but out of position without it. Our mids were constantly running like hell on the wrong side their marks, reacting slowly to the shifts in the Fire attack (which was damn weak, they are a bad team, maybe excepting Amarikwa). Our coverage was late and unconvincing, against a better team we'll get hurt.

Today I discovered Eurosport 2 has MLS all year, was a treat to see that live.

Which side of the time line are you on? It is the 14th   :)

Hugely impressed with Octavio and his play making skills. Even when he wasn't scoring he was a huge factor. Great for Caleb, Darren and Erik to learn from.

I hear you on the other forwards. They have a lot to learn and they now have a prime player to watch game film of to see how he does it. Even more frustrating than Manneh's play was Pedro's. That is 2 games in a row that he is not up to scratch (well the second half of the first game and this whole game). He was frustrated with his own play as you could tell by his yellow card. He'll get back to his normal spectacular self shortly (I hope).

Ousted was in my top 2 for MOTM until Octavio scored and swung the meter his way. He did what a good keeper is supposed to do. Keep your team in it and cover up for defensive lapses. Both he and Octavio were best at their position on the field today by a large margin.

Which side of the time line are you on? It is the 14th   :)

Hugely impressed with Octavio and his play making skills. Even when he wasn't scoring he was a huge factor. Great for Caleb, Darren and Erik to learn from.

I hear you on the other forwards. They have a lot to learn and they now have a prime player to watch game film of to see how he does it. Even more frustrating than Manneh's play was Pedro's. That is 2 games in a row that he is not up to scratch (well the second half of the first game and this whole game). He was frustrated with his own play as you could tell by his yellow card. He'll get back to his normal spectacular self shortly (I hope).

Ousted was in my top 2 for MOTM until Octavio scored and swung the meter his way. He did what a good keeper is supposed to do. Keep your team in it and cover up for defensive lapses. Both he and Octavio were best at their position on the field today by a large margin.

Manneh is always a thread. Him scoring goals is a matter of time. Morals doesn't have any excuses though, he could have bagged at least a couple by now!

Never thought I would say this, but I was actually impressed by Ousted. Without the antics he looked far more composed.

Beer spelling (as in too many before posting) on this thread is entertaining :)

Yes Manneh is a thread but he's doing weights so he'll fill out soon. 

Seriously though I think Manneh has all the tools to be an exceptional winger. Just needs to make the pass or shoot decision quicker when in a crowd. He can stretch a defence and dribble at full speed. He's getting there and I think he already understands the wing position more than Hurtado or Mattocks. All 3 can be frustrating sometimes but he is the best of the 3 so far. 

Manneh needs to learn to shoot with his left on the run. He is getting tackled always trying to cut onto his right.

Happy for Adekugbe. Am interested to see how Robinson handles the LB position rest of the season. I knew Sam would be pushing hard, but I dont expect the torch to be completely passed after one poor Harvey performance. It has to be a delicate balance between making the transition and not alienating the veteran.

This team only plays with one forward.

Yes and he has netted 2 goals in 2 games. Looks like he's the one.

Beer spelling (as in too many before posting) on this thread is entertaining  :)

Yes Manneh is a thread but he's doing weights so he'll fill out soon. 

Seriously though I think Manneh has all the tools to be an exceptional winger. Just needs to make the pass or shoot decision quicker when in a crowd. He can stretch a defence and dribble at full speed. He's getting there and I think he already understands the wing position more than Hurtado or Mattocks. All 3 can be frustrating sometimes but he is the best of the 3 so far. 

Promise I won't be calling Manneh a thread anymore. He's got the speed and ball-controle to make MLS some money.

Also in this game: Adekugba was very lucky to escape a yellow card with that grabbing, that was such an easy call.

Archived