Tifo and catch phrase for CWNT ideas?

Admin

The WCQ that we would all rather forget was "Mission 2014"

Thoughts on this World Cup?

We are planning to build a giant Canada flag for our section in Edmonton.   This flag will make the rounds and give people a chance to sign it.

And ideas for making it more than just a flag?   Ideas that will preferably not have the Edmonton riot police beat us out of the stadium.

Go.

EDIT:  Giant flag was met with an encouraging response. However, it needs to get passed a few gatekeepers to get the final ok. But it was very positively received.

Wasn't there a Mission 2015 Banner at one point or is that my imagination?

Yes I still have it.

Do we want to go with that? Several people sort of intimated that it was lame after the Mission 2014 stuff.

I woudn't care if it was ongoing meme.

It's hard to top Taste The Soup

Not sure about themes etc but Tuscan and I have been working on chant ideas. We've been very lucky. Over the last couple of years we've been able to build a pretty good repertoire of Toronto and Vancouver chants and even the odd Ottawa and Montreal one. It's not that we don't enjoy those chants but we are interested in building a more authentic Canadian chant selection. Anyway, for those interested we might try and build in a few new ones during WWC.

It's already been done, but about 10 years ago the Edmonton Eskimos used the slogan "Defend The Turf" which I liked and was one of the only ones that I actually remembered.

On the rainbow flag suggestion I totally agree with having several of them in the section. And we definitely have to revive Rob's initiative with provincial flags; all 10 of them plus the 3 territories. 

It's already been done, but about 10 years ago the Edmonton Eskimos used the slogan "Defend The Turf" which I liked and was one of the only ones that I actually remembered.

On the rainbow flag suggestion I totally agree with having several of them in the section. And we definitely have to revive Rob's initiative with provincial flags; all 10 of them plus the 3 territories.

Yes I was thinking about that as well. I already know people who are coming from 7 of the provinces so that might not be too hard to sort out.

OTOH, will they let us in with flags?

Yes I was thinking about that as well. I already know people who are coming from 7 of the provinces so that might not be too hard to sort out.

OTOH, will they let us in with flags?

Yes and no.  It's not clear, I will probably head out and meet with them in Edmonton at some point.

We have the OK for 12x18 stick flags.

I could make some provincial flags for the hell of it too. 

As it's a World Cup proper, it is not looking likely we can get actual flag poles in.   However, that is by no means decided.  We may be able to make arrangements to leave stuff ahead of time ect...

Our experience at the U20WWC this summer and other recent CSA run friendlies was that any kind of flagpole that was rigid like a metal or wooden broomstick was not allowed but a half length (5 feet) of 1/2" PVC electrical conduit was OK because it is lighter and somewhat bendy, therefore less likely to be used for any bad things.

Bringing in some gear ahead of game time is also an option worth exploring. 

Our experience at the U20WWC this summer and other recent CSA run friendlies was that any kind of flagpole that was rigid like a metal or wooden broomstick was not allowed but a half length (5 feet) of 1/2" PVC electrical conduit was OK because it is lighter and somewhat bendy, therefore less likely to be used for any bad things.

Bringing in some gear ahead of game time is also an option worth exploring.

I've got the flag poles you bought Mike. They are safely stored in my garage and will (hopefully) be making the trip to Edmonton.

Archived