Begovic: Pre World Cup Interview

nolando

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/15/asmir-begovic-bosnia-stoke-world-cup-2014-brazil

Nothing much new but I found it interesting that longtime red-to-the-bone V Max Bell tweeted on the article:

Max Bell @MaxBell_FC 8h

I will be FULLY supporting Begovic and JDG 2 at the World Cup. Just wished that whole generation could have donned a #canMNT kit together.

As an aside, it's crazy to me that Begovic is still only 26. It feels like we have been bitching about him for decades.

I'll go ahead and add fuel to the fire lol:

I will NOT be supporting either Begovic or JDG2 at the WQ. I hope both have bad experiences.

I like Max Bell (he worked as a media guy for the CSA, right? If I'm thinking of the right person, he did great work). But, "Just wished that whole generation could have donned a #canMNT kit together." is the crux of my WQ feelings towards them. If they play well, it sends a horrible message to young players thinking about playing for Canada. A message that its ok to ditch us, because the future is brighter if you play for a stronger nation.

So, as a bitter Canada supporter, I hope both do poorly, and Honduras gets embarrassed.

I'll go ahead and add fuel to the fire lol:

I will NOT be supporting either Begovic or JDG2 at the WQ. I hope both have bad experiences.

I like Max Bell (he worked as a media guy for the CSA, right? If I'm thinking of the right person, he did great work). But, "Just wished that whole generation could have donned a #canMNT kit together." is the crux of my WQ feelings towards them. If they play well, it sends a horrible message to young players thinking about playing for Canada. A message that its ok to ditch us, because the future is brighter if you play for a stronger nation.

So, as a bitter Canada supporter, I hope both do poorly, and Honduras gets embarrassed.

seconded

I'm with Jon, I'll be supporting Honduras purely on the basis, that if CONCACAF does well, it helps all our nations in the region to a degree gain respectability.  But I will not be supporting Jonathan De Guzman, or Asmir.  I support the Canadian players who represent their country, it's my predisposition (and prerogative) as a V.

...it's my predisposition (and prerogative) as a V.

Actually, declaring support for a traitor should be grounds for punishment. I suggest having your avatar replaced with a dunce cap for six weeks. ;)

Actually, declaring support for a traitor should be grounds for punishment. I suggest having your avatar replaced with a dunce cap for six weeks. ;)

Or read my post more carefully and realize that I said I would NOT be supporting them, I would support the ones that put on the red and white.

Just that I would be offhandly hoping for CONCACAF countries to do well...and even then it won't hurt my feelings, I'm not a Honduras fan by any stretch.  lol I DO find it funny that you mentioned a dunce cap, sort of ironic!  

That said, I am definitely prone to typos (more than most) cuz I'm usually thinking three sentences ahead when I type...so I don't blame you for teasing me when I actually DO mess up (which is often enough lol)

Or read my post more carefully and realize that I said I would NOT be supporting them, I would support the ones that put on the red and white.

And perhaps you should realize that I was using the words I actually quoted to make a generalization and not an accusation.

Archived