Voyageurs Cup 2014

Boy the Alberta provincial football folks are sure having a go at FCE. Either they are laying down the war lines (pun fully intended) or they simply hate soccer enough to not even listen to football people in Edmonton who've already stated they're fine with not only painting lines but also getting use of Commonwealth at the same cost as Clarke. I think this storyline is going to be an interesting one to follow.

As an FCE supporter I'm not too worried. More likely the vocal minority making their point loudly rather than the majority of pointy-ball players/parents.

Personally VERY glad that there will be a proper venue finally for the V Cup game(s). The interesting note would be for when FCE faces Montreal. Does the MLS club cry foul over poorly painted over lines? (the11.ca reported that the club was testing some paint last year, and it did not go over well) Personally I would love to see Montreal/Edmonton at Clarke.

ACC? Never heard of it. I know that when they play in the Voyageurs Cup that the lines will be painted over :D

Absolutely correct. If people on this board can't remember the proper name then what hope is there that we can resist the "American Way" while playing for the Canadian Championship in order to win the Voyageurs Cup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amway

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?45345-The-History-of-the-Voyageurs-Cup

Absolutely correct. If people on this board can't remember the proper name then what hope is there that we can resist the "American Way" while playing for the Canadian Championship in order to win the Voyageurs Cup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amway

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?45345-The-History-of-the-Voyageurs-Cup

For the record, I'm sure we can all agree that we appreciate their sponsorship money and efforts...it's just the branding of the actual championship we resist.

To be fair, monte is from Medicine Hat.

Maybe the branding just doesn't bother me as much as most on this board. But I also wasn't around for the creation of the VOYAGEURS CUP so what do I know. Anywho, I hope the club can sell out Clarke. I think wiping the turf with the Fury's tears in front of a sold out crowd would be good for ticket sales. I think those in the loop know the club needs it.

Maybe the branding just doesn't bother me as much as most on this board. But I also wasn't around for the creation of the VOYAGEURS CUP so what do I know. Anywho, I hope the club can sell out Clarke. I think wiping the turf with the Fury's tears in front of a sold out crowd would be good for ticket sales. I think those in the loop know the club needs it.

Now that is something that we can both definitely agree on!! Trillium are you out there? Got your ears on good buddy? Apparently I am guilty of talking trash before the season starts but what the hell. I think we can all decide for ourselves when is or is not the right time to engage in that form of club rivalry.

Now that is something that we can both definitely agree on!! Trillium are you out there? Got your ears on good buddy? Apparently I am guilty of talking trash before the season starts but what the hell.

Colin Miller < Marc Dos Santos

Let the trash talk begin!

(I guess I shouldn't trash talk you Edmonton guys too hard; I will need a place to stay up there in June 2015.:P)

Colin Miller < Marc Dos Santos

Let the trash talk begin!

(I guess I shouldn't trash talk you Edmonton guys too hard; I will need a place to stay up there in June 2015.:P)

If we are talking about a comparison of coaches head to head I might agree with you but I then I am pretty ambivalent about Miller as a coach. Some things he does I like and others really tick me off. Thankfully it will be the players on the field and how well they execute that will decide this.

As far as a place to stay, I don't think there will be any hard feelings by then. After all it's not personal; at least not to me. I tend to appreciate the passion that real supporters bring to the game; however misguided their choice of clubs may be. ;)

Are you Edmonton guys giving a Calgary guy ****? How unsurprising...

I'm a newer member too...as it was put it's just the Amway thing...having a Canada supporters group trophy named after an American company just seems wrong to me.

And yeah, I'm definitely more of a Calgary guy than an Edmonton guy, me and shermanator will soon be having beers after Calgary PDL games lol, hopefully by next year now that CSA approved the bid!

And yeah, I'm definitely more of a Calgary guy than an Edmonton guy, me and shermanator will soon be having beers after Calgary PDL games lol, hopefully by next year now that CSA approved the bid!

That's the plan anyways! Although until Calgary gets an NASL team, I will still have a very keen interest in FC Edmonton.

Yeah that's pretty rad. I suspect the thread has already been started for the new PDL club?

Yup, sure has. Have a home bar and everything (pending location confirmation)

• 2 weeks later...

Tons of Canadians signed at Ottawa, quite a number at Edmonton as well. We're getting closer to T- 1 month away from the first leg in Ottawa on the 23rd. There's no way to tell really how well Ottawa's going to come out the gate. Edmonton's west trip to BC really comes down to how well they perform against the Caps' reserves. 

I'm a newer member too...as it was put it's just the Amway thing...having a Canada supporters group trophy named after an American company just seems wrong to me.

The trophy isn't named after an American company.

Archived