Jonathan badly hurt during training with ther Dutch

john tv

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not yet, zeelaw. We haven't had any super old Germans coming in here talking about how Germany is a great country that loves Canada, and how he used to go for dinners with Hitler (hails hails) and that if you got to knew him, he's really a great guy, and then Piette chimes in about the rise of Germany. Anyone got a picture of Bin Laden wearing a Centennial Canada Soccer jacket? This thread can get much stranger, yet.

Yes, he will be cursed with never winning any trophies! Nobody chokes better than the Dutch.

I'm a bit late getting in this car crash of a thread, but c'mon, he won the league cup in the same calendar year you posted this. Hard to say he would've been signed for Swansea if he wasn't in the Dutch national team picture (or Mallorca, or Villarreal before that).

As for John TV - I'd almost think he was a troll if he wasn't established here. Who doesn't speak to their brother in years because of a friendly jibe over a league game

My favourite Jonathan story which is hilarious but very true.Some years ago I requested through Bobby that Jonathan would score against AZ Alkmaar .I just did this as a real lark since my only brother was the President of the AZ supporters club and a remarkable position in Alkmaar.Anyway Bobby said he did and so did Jonathan scoring the winning goal for Fyenoord against AZ.Well I kind of gloated since I had told my brother what I had requested prior to this game.My brother refused to talk to me for quite a few years and changed his mind when I showed up at his doorstep last year.We are the best friends again and the DeGuzman clan had a very good laugh.

This post immediately reminded me of this, just replace Kramer with JohnTV:

Hey, read all of my posts... 100% pro-Canada... can you say the same?

By the way, it's spelled loser!

Can someone else on here more in the know enlighten me as to what JohnTV's angle is?

Johntv is a family friend of the DeGuzman's and has known Jonathan since he was 7 and played a role in his development as a player. He also wanted and encouraged Jonathan to play for Canada but since Johntv is from Holland he is probably not as disappointed or angry as the rest of us that he chose Holland.

And yes Johntv also has done a lot for Canadian soccer including organizing the Robbie tournament, in charge of public relations for the Toronto Blizzard, running the Soccer Hall of Fame, being very involved in the Toronto youth leagues (in addition to the DeGuzman's he is close with the families of pretty much all of the Toronto based national team players from 20 or 30 years ago to today) and a lot of other things I am forgetting.

Johntv is a cool guy but maybe he takes the forum a bit too seriously sometimes. We need to all chill out on this thread.

Johntv is a family friend of the DeGuzman's and has known Jonathan since he was 7 and played a role in his development as a player. He also wanted and encouraged Jonathan to play for Canada but since Johntv is from Holland he is probably not as disappointed or angry as the rest of us that he chose Holland.

And yes Johntv also has done a lot for Canadian soccer including organizing the Robbie tournament, in charge of public relations for the Toronto Blizzard, running the Soccer Hall of Fame, being very involved in the Toronto youth leagues (in addition to the DeGuzman's he is close with the families of pretty much all of the Toronto based national team players from 20 or 30 years ago to today) and a lot of other things I am forgetting.

Johntv is a cool guy but maybe he takes the forum a bit too seriously sometimes. We need to all chill out on this thread.

I wish he would tell us these things. Thanks Grizz for atleast adding some context to his history in this thread.

I wish he would tell us these things. Thanks Grizz for atleast adding some context to his history in this thread.

I echo this and must say it does put things into perspective nicely. I appreciate what JohnTV has done for Canadian soccer and applaud him for it. I'm not sure the reaction I received to asking these questions was called for however and is certainly not excused. I also hope that JohnTV can understand the other side of this issue and appreciate why a lot of honest fans of Canadian soccer do and always will think differently than him on this issue.

You forgot to mention his insistence that soccer is the root form of all sport and his belief that most, if not all star athletes have played soccer at some point (look up threads from about 8 years ago) ...

I echo this and must say it does put things into perspective nicely. I appreciate what JohnTV has done for Canadian soccer and applaud him for it. I'm not sure the reaction I received to asking these questions was called for however and is certainly not excused. I also hope that JohnTV can understand the other side of this issue and appreciate why a lot of honest fans of Canadian soccer do and always will think differently than him on this issue.

I certainly agree with that. I'm not saying I've always been perfect on these boards, but RamR did little wrong to receive John's explosive comments. I'm sure John has been having a frustrating experience with how Jono has been treated on these boards, and took RamR's comments the wrong way, but he definitely went off on him, and in some sense, deserved a little of the flack he ended up receiving as a result.

Archived