beIN Sport Canada

whale_31

• 6 months later...

Just an update. I seem to have missed the news in late December but their streaming service will continue to be free until at least Jan 31st.

available at http://www.beinsportsplay.ca/

Also, they seem to have found a Canadian partner to do business with, the "Ethnic Channels Group":

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1282211/bein-sport-partners-with-ethnic-channels-group-for-distribution-in-canada

http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/news/bein-sport-partners-with-ethnic-channels-for-canadian-distribution/1002811758/?&er=NA

• 1 month later...
Right now they are showing fishing, wft? I guess that's how they will meet their Canadian content requirements for now.

Can't wait for the weekend though to check it out.

There was no fishing on. I have had it on in the background tonight. Mostly Euro basketball and Volleyball. Replay of cup final on now.

I just tried 391 on my Rogers box and that channel number doesn't even exist: when I enter 391, it goes to 392. Are you Rogers subscribers still getting beIN on 391?

It works for me. They had a Ligue 1 game on when I checked last.

I am getting this channel and in HD! I am a bit confused. I mean I am very happy about it, but why are they giving us this channel for free?

would assume it will come with a price soon. With the variety of leagues its well more worth Sportsnet world.

On Bell, it will be a free preview until April 22nd. I'm guessing that it will be the same for Rogers.

Thanks. Anyone know the complete list of rights that they have? Do they show CL or Europaleague matches?

No CL or Europa. They have France, Italy, Spain plus the Spanish and Italian cups and some friendlies.

On Bell, it will be a free preview until April 22nd. I'm guessing that it will be the same for Rogers.

No CL or Europa. They have France, Italy, Spain plus the Spanish and Italian cups and some friendlies.

Ah okay, great. Thanks! Any ideas what it will cost yet? I hope it's cheap like GolTV :D

Ok, thanks. On Rogers, they don't say when the free preview ends.

Channel 391

Yup, channel 391 in Ottawa on Rogers! Just watched Olympique de Marseille vs Nice on Friday. Terrible audio. The audio commentary was 9 seconds ahead of the TV feed. Kills the suspense.

BeIn has been so terrible for so long that I will refuse to buy that channel when it is no longer free.

Ok, thanks. On Rogers, they don't say when the free preview ends.

Yup, channel 391 in Ottawa on Rogers! Just watched Olympique de Marseille vs Nice on Friday. Terrible audio. The audio commentary was 9 seconds ahead of the TV feed. Kills the suspense.

BeIn has been so terrible for so long that I will refuse to buy that channel when it is no longer free.

I have it on (in the background) all day and I am quite happy with it. Much better then GolTV tbh.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently its $15/month on Bell. I'll pass at that price.

Its better value than Sportsnet World though, considering Rogers only has half the rights to the EPL and many games end up on the regular Sportsnet channels.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived