Cuba Ticket Update

Admin

Quick update on tickets.

Tickets are selling... OK. It's a shorter window and I expect there to be many sales in the coming week.

Originally I intended NOT to hold tickets for pick up at Gossip. However, I am a total idiot and did not realize the coming weekend is a holiday. I will not ship ANYTHING close to a holiday again. Canada post and holidays just do not go together.

But this leaves a LOT of tickets on the table. If I end it now, it would be the first in ten games we have sold less tickets, and I don't want that to happen.

So I have ended shipping tickets and will hold everything for pick up at Gossip. This poses a significant problem. If we come close to handling a similar number of tickets to the last game, it will be a lot. Probably too much. I have left a $5 fee on in order to hire some people to help with ticket distribution. These people will stay well after kick off for people arriving late.

Myself and several other volunteers have stayed late, and not seen kick off in nine games. It's been worth it to grow the Voyageurs and the supporters section, however, it's just too big now.

So I have ended shipping tickets and will hold everything for pick up at Gossip.

Would a clarification here be useful? I saw a tweet that said at least one batch of tickets was shipped last week; from this post it sounds like the second round of shipping will not be happening any more. Was there a cut-off order date for the tickets that have already been shipped?

I don't know how you and the volunteers breakdown the ticket pickup (one line for people who's last name is between A-F, G-L...etc), but whatever your system is, I can volunteer. I should be able to be there for 5:45. Just let me know by PM.

I'll see how many we end up with.

PP output puts the whole name into a single field. So I sort the tables by first name. It works.

Should we be receiving our tickets early this week if we ordered them several weeks ago?

Possibly. Not sure which batch you are in.

I have sent out two batches already.

Another goes out Tuesday, then one more on Wednesday. These are all express post so, in theory it should be fine.

You sent me 1 ticket in 114.

I bought 4..in 113.

Makes me wonder what you did? Cause for Panama game, I bought 1 (in 114) and then 3 more. This time, just one order of 4 (in 113). Getting your stuff mixed up? :)

Not making a big deal about the section, other than to point out the connection between my orders.

Thanks tyler. Sooo ... No, V's sections are not really GA ... but, yes we effectively treat them as such. Sounds about the same as usual. If there is empty space in your section when you arrive, use it well and make room for others.

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php...ission-seating

Myth of General Admission seating.

This is in fact a myth, and something we need to be careful with. As much as people complain about security, the truth is in those hardcore sections they let us get away with a lot. We do not, and never have had general admission seating.

http://www.cansoc.org/content.php?214-Voyageurs-Tickets

Our sections are effectively general admission. There is enough space for everyone, so just squeeze in. Coming late and getting security to move people out of your seats in very very bad idea. If you want specific seats, buy your tickets on Ticketmaster.

Seeing people talk about sections and rows ... are the supporter sections not considered to be GA anymore? Just asking.

Yes and no. How do we do this exactly, and state it I am not sure without being dickheads.

It's really important who is in the front of 112, 113 and 114. We need people that are totally engaged and following the capo(s). Without that nothing carries and it's dead.

Lots of those people who know each other pile in there and 'get along' so to speak.

We went from 2 sections to 3 sections to 5 sections to 7 sections.... to a whole stadium that wants to be in there.

This poses a pretty clear problem if it's actually GA, which it is not. It was 'effectively' GA when 300-400 people pretty much all knew each other with one or two degrees of separation.

There are occasions where people seem to get tickets somehow and go in and kick people out ect and stand there like sacks of hammers.

I blame Saskatchewan.

Thanks tyler. Sooo ... No, V's sections are not really GA ... but, yes we effectively treat them as such. Sounds about the same as usual. If there is empty space in your section when you arrive, use it well and make room for others.

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php...ission-seating

http://www.cansoc.org/content.php?214-Voyageurs-Tickets

Flat out advertising it, or selling it as GA would be a disaster.

You sent me 1 ticket in 114.

I bought 4..in 113.

Makes me wonder what you did? Cause for Panama game, I bought 1 (in 114) and then 3 more. This time, just one order of 4 (in 113). Getting your stuff mixed up? :)

Not making a big deal about the section, other than to point out the connection between my orders.

Your four for 113 are shipping today/tomorrow.

You have two orders. An old one for one ticket in 114, and a newer one for 4 in 113.

Gossip was good.. until they ran out of beer on the patio.

I missed the last game, so missed Gossip. But running out of beer suggests, unlike Maro, they were actually getting beers in people's hands though. Sounds promising, I remain hopeful, lol.

I missed the last game, so missed Gossip. But running out of beer suggests, unlike Maro, they were actually getting beers in people's hands though. Sounds promising, I remain hopeful, lol.

It was good. Still a bit long for a wait, but not Maro long.

It was good. Still a bit long for a wait, but not Maro long.

yea.. was better than Maro.. they had an indoor and outdoor bar going. The wait time was around 10-15 min .. I was on the outside patio and about 20-30 mins before game time they ran out of beer.. but they will probably stock up for this game because they have an idea of the numbers that will show up.

Archived