MLS Table

pappinchris

For fun screw the conferences lol feel free to update weekly?

1 San Jose Earthquakes 33

2 Real Salt Lake 32

3 D.C. United 30

4 Sporting Kansas City 29

5 New York Red Bulls 27

6 Vancouver Whitecaps FC 26

7 Seattle Sounders FC 25

8 Chicago Fire 24

9 Houston Dynamo 20

10 LA Galaxy 20

11 Columbus Crew 19

12 Colorado Rapids 19

13 Chivas USA 19

14 New England Revolution 18

15 Montreal Impact 18

16 FC Dallas 14

17 Portland Timbers 13

18 Philadelphia Union 11

19 Toronto FC 5

single table in MLS since it would be appeasing the Eurosnobs. .

This might mean that its coming soon. Don Garber always talks about how there that immense untapped potential out there that could propel MLS into the the really big time of NA professional sports leagues. And that's when he is looking at those massive TV numbers for the WC and Euros in Canada and the US that comparatively dwarf the MLS numbers.

Hence, converting the Eurosnobs might be the number one MLS strategy. Specifically, they have done a lot over the years to make sure that rules and regs appease the soccer purist. This is something NASL never did, they liked to tinker with things a lot to appease the mainstream while be less concerned with the purist.

But i am 50-50 on single table. There are costs and rivalries to take into account.

A part of me would hate to see a single table in MLS since it would be appeasing the Eurosnobs. But I agree it would be better and easier to follow.

I'd rather have the league expand to a point where we have two conferences that simply don't play eachother. Win first place in your conference, win the conference title. They could then have a two-legged series for the Supporters shield between the conference winners, and do the MLS Cup as a traditional North American playoff.

I feel like that would be a best-of-both-worlds situation.

I'd rather have the league expand to a point where we have two conferences that simply don't play eachother. Win first place in your conference, win the conference title. They could then have a two-legged series for the Supporters shield between the conference winners, and do the MLS Cup as a traditional North American playoff.

I feel like that would be a best-of-both-worlds situation.

Two conferences with a single table, no argument there.

But a single table won't happen, because how else would teams develop a rivalry, if not for having one artificially created by playing each other too many times!??

Archived