Thoughts on possible new technical director

Soccerpro

Bring in the best possible person regardless of nationality. Someone with a track record of success in terms of managing a national program. Knowledge of NA soccer landscape would be a definite positive, but not essential. Successful club coaching career would also be a positive, but not essential. Someone with a pension for bridge building IMO is a must, so they can coordinate they various moving pieces.

Victor M. has stated he'd like to see a TD in place by Fall. I'd like to see Nick Dasovic get the job. He knows Canadian soccer, he will be a UEFA A soon (if not already) , pro experience as a player and coach, etc. Thoughts?

Of those that are "known" to Canadian soccer currently, I think Richard Grootscholten would be the best choice by a county mile.... too bad he's headed back to Europe.

Hey, what's Holger doing these days?

Ah nevermind, he's still coaching Australia...

Was talking to a traveling Australian soccer fan after the last Impact match and he was raving about what a good job Holger is doing there. Ossieck is a coach with a shelf life but he was our last competent coach in my opinion. I wasn't against him being fired when he was because I think his time was up but if I knew who they were going to hire to replace him for the next 12 years I definitely would have been against his firing.

Archived