Clearly Canadian

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ever wonder why good teams with good players, like Manchester City, will not play on third-world-MLS surfaces?
There is no statistical evidence to support the 'AT leads to more injuries' argument made by these Euro prima-donnas despite countless studies looking for same. The Man City vs Whitecaps game would have been so much better if it had been played on the original AT surface at Empire. Yaya Toure's injury was a direct result of the temporary grass, it happened right in front of me.

So what you're saying is your camera flash distracted him and helped cause his injury?
No selfrespecting professional uses a flash on the sidelines.

Statement from the team today. Yaya Toure's injury was minor and he'll be out 3-4 days only.

• 6 years later...
On 5/2/2011 at 8:06 PM, Macksam said:

Doesn't matter. What Johnny Canuck says is more valid than whatever it is your trying to say. The reason a Canadian team hasn't won a cup in 17 years is because there are 6 Canadian teams and 24 American teams. It's simple math and odds don't really favour us.

As for what you say in paragraph number 1, I enjoyed that. You basically summed up NHL playoff results in the last little while and try to put some sort of conspiracy spin on it, but have no concrete evidence.

I would love to hear your reasons for why Canadian MLS clubs will always play second fiddle to American ones.

Just to go back a ways in time to prove how much more valid my thoughts are than Macsam:

Are you still doing the simple math on Canadian NHL teams, Macsam? It must be our turn now for the next few years, right?

And after winning the MLS Cup last season will Toronto FC be competing in the CONCACAF Champions League? The MLS Cup champions must first get by the Ottawa Fury first, and if they succeed in that they will have to beat the winners of the Whitecaps/Impact semi-final. Talk about playing second fiddle.

7 hours ago, Robert said:

Just to go back a ways in time to prove how much more valid my thoughts are than Macsam:

Are you still doing the simple math on Canadian NHL teams, Macsam? It must be our turn now for the next few years, right?

And after winning the MLS Cup last season will Toronto FC be competing in the CONCACAF Champions League? The MLS Cup champions must first get by the Ottawa Fury first, and if they succeed in that they will have to beat the winners of the Whitecaps/Impact semi-final. Talk about playing second fiddle.

You're a bigger moron than BBtB

Archived