CONCACAF U20 WCQ QF - Canada vs.Mexico April 5th, 2011

jpg75

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MEX XI - GK-Lopez, 2-Alvarez, 4-Araujo, 18-Reyes, 5-De Buen, 7-Villalobos, 8-Orrantia, 11-Dávila, 14-Enriquez, 17-Pulido, 9-Guarch

CAN XI - LatendrLévesque, 4-Henry, 5-Bassi, 16-Thompson, 20-Augustin, 6-Stinson, 7-Teibert, 8-Gage, 11-Pegg, 2-Grant, 17-Cavallini

JLL hasn't been bad, one goal aside, and both Gage and Osorio have had moments.

Other than that, um...

Probably just the timing of your post, but I wasn't dissing the GK at all, just commenting on the pronunciation.

BTW, I will try to stay positive as these games are important, despite my poopiness during the CR match.

JLL hasn't been bad, one goal aside, and both Gage and Osorio have had moments.

Other than that, um...

Everybody seems to rate Gage highly this tournament. I don't get it. He was decent in parts vs Guadeloupe but doesn't exhibit any special characteristics. He's big, so he gets stuck in, but he still gives the ball away, his passing range isn't special and he doesn't seem to take his man on.

Agreed... you beat me to it. How often has Ethan Gage given the ball away really cheaply in this tournament

He's the type "high level player" Canada has seemed to produce. Not the skillfull Aleman-esque central midfielder, just more of a less skilled bulldog.

Archived