CONCACAF U20 WCQ QF - Canada vs.Mexico April 5th, 2011

jpg75

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really surprised at Levesque as he has been starting for Cottbus' reserves in the Regional League. I hope he is just having a bad tourney as I can't imagine he would have lasted this long with Cottbus if he didn't have some potential.

We knew going in that that the possession arrow was going to be tilted the other way but there were a couple of times when we just plainly gave it away too cheaply and too lazily. Playing back and defending with 10 men is one thing but you don't have to give it away that easily make them work to get get it.

Too bad about the goal because, even though they dominated possession, the quality of their chances were not that great, our back four was fantastic. #2 (Grant) played very well.

When the goal went in I was thinking it might have been the best thing for us, as it might force to actually play. We've never been dominated like this by past Mexican U20 teams - we usually outplayed them in fact. I don't know if this is the greatest Mexican U20 team of all time or we've gotten that much worse (even though we have more pro players at this age level - granted, half of them aren't at the tourney) or we just have the wrong mentality with this coach. Sub on some attacking players in the 2nd half and ATTACK!!!! No point in sitting back and defending a 1-0 deficit in an elimination game.

And someone tell the twit Brit tit calling the game that Teibert doesn't have an "L" in his last name!

I can't wait for 8 years when Lord Bob gets spit as a condiment in his sub.

I think Thompson would a little less subtle and be over the counter in that situation.

I'm really surprised at Levesque as he has been starting for Cottbus' reserves in the Regional League. I hope he is just having a bad tourney as I can't imagine he would have lasted this long with Cottbus if he didn't have some potential.

I can see the potential..... i dont think he is a bad keeper compared to some that we had in past (remember the guy in 2001 who couldn't kick the ball).

I think Thompson would a little less subtle and be over the counter in that situation.

I'm sure Thompson would be appropriately intimidated by the fat, smart-mouthed guy who, at that point, would be in his mid-thirties. And since I was at Quizno's, presumably hungry.

Two steps forward, three back. Reminds me of the last Women's coach (Pelerud) who took a talented bunch of players and made them into defensive robots. You saw how that turned out....

Why do these damn coaches always go back to this style. Someone said losing 6 - 0 would be better.... I AGREE

When not expounding on the kicking habits of horses, we get in-depth analysis of current cleat fashion. This guy is great!

I wonder if he has any more English league games he'd like to tell us about during this Canada - Mexico match.

Archived