CONCACAF U20 WCQ QF - Canada vs.Mexico April 5th, 2011

jpg75

Id have to disagree on Gage. playing as a holding mid in a 4-2-3-1, where the wingers dont help, he covered lots of ground. he was always pressed by 2-3 players (especially cause Gage usually starts the attacks) and given that, hes gonna give a few balls away. but overall i thought his passing was good, and hes good at wriggling out of tough situations. and i thought he has an excellent passing range. again, its not easy to send a long ball when your pressed.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everybody seems to rate Gage highly this tournament. I don't get it. He was decent in parts vs Guadeloupe but doesn't exhibit any special characteristics. He's big, so he gets stuck in, but he still gives the ball away, his passing range isn't special and he doesn't seem to take his man on.

I agree ... a number of times I've thought, what they see in that guy? ... He makes weak passes that get picked off..

The Mexican keeper should play as a forward in this game.. I hate this bunker down style, does it ever work.. painful to watch but I guess it keeps the score down.

Archived