Is Hainault (and perhaps Canada's) Dynamo's permanant RB?

nolando

I'd still play Hainault in the center for Canada and give Peters first crack at right back. Reason being we've seen how Kluko's pace and crossing has led directly to goals for Canada's lone attacker in Hart's system. I think Peters has the better tools to do this from the right side.

I'd still play Hainault in the center for Canada and give Peters first crack at right back. Reason being we've seen how Kluko's pace and crossing has led directly to goals for Canada's lone attacker in Hart's system. I think Peters has the better tools to do this from the right side.

Having seen both Peters and Stratih play, I would pick Straith as the number one candidate for right back. Peters has some good speed and natural ability but Straith is a much more intelligent and disciplined player both offensively and defensively. Hainault did play RB when he was with Montreal but I think his skills and speed (or lack of it) are better suited for CB. He might be decent defending at RB but I don't think there is a lot of positives going forward.

Does Nic get any consideration?

Yes but I am still more impressed by Straith. In my opinion Straith is already the better of the three and also the youngest so a lot of potential there. Nic seems to be a solid but not remarkable. Peters has amazing skills and natural ability but really seems lacking in discipline, work ethic and football intelligence. Someone in a defensive position can not be as lazy as he often seems to be although he does seem to have his games where he excels. Straith though always seems to be aware and involved in the play and that is quite impressive at his age.

If Straith has much talent and a lot of potential, then he should be playing as a center back (with the CNMT) where there's more responsabilities. For now, it's just normal that he's playing as RB with his club, young defenders usually start their careers playing in the sides and eventually they end up playing at CB if they're doing a good work. Right now there's too much potential on the sides and sadly 2 places only, one at right(Hainault, Straith, Attakora to name a few) and the other at left (Kuklowski, De Jong), I think the more talented should take the CB places if there's not a natural CB available to do the job properly and I could say the same with the defesive midfielder postion.

If Straith has much talent and a lot of potential, then he should be playing as a center back (with the CNMT) where there's more responsabilities. For now, it's just normal that he's playing as RB with his club, young defenders usually start their careers playing in the sides and eventually they end up playing at CB if they're doing a good work. Right now there's too much potential on the sides and sadly 2 places only, one at right(Hainault, Straith, Attakora to name a few) and the other at left (Kuklowski, De Jong), I think the more talented should take the CB places if there's not a natural CB available to do the job properly and I could say the same with the defesive midfielder postion.

Yes Straith was a CB but unless he gets more professional experience playing that position he should stay at RB. A lot also depends on who is available for which position. If Straith and Hainault were starting defenders I would rather Straith as the RB because he gets forward a lot better and is a better passer and can also get back quickly and defend. If Peters or Ledgerwood were to play RB then it might be better playing Straith at CB but only if he is getting some professional experience at the position.

Peters is no Right Back.

Peters is only a Right Winger, so unless we somehow become very offensive in style of play over night using the what 5'6'' or 5''7'' Peters at RB is moronic.

It's important to remember that Hainault fits Houston's need at right back and their style. For years in San Jose and later Houston they had Craig Waibel back there who was a one-way player.

All these years they've had Brian Mullen who plays more of a right wing than right mid and does most of the crossing that most of us would be used to seeing from an overlapping right back in a 4-4-2. I think it speaks to Andrew's ability that they'd rather have him on the field even though he fits the more traditional CB.

Regardless of how we look at it, RB is now turning into a position where we may have some young depth at the MNT level.

^You're right, he has benefitted quite a bit from playing in Kinnear's system, no argument there. In a different system with different expectations, particularly in the offensive side of the game, who knows how successful he would be? Regardless, his versatility of having played both fullback positions recently, along with CB, will serve him well as a member of the MNT.

Peters is no Right Back.

Peters is only a Right Winger, so unless we somehow become very offensive in style of play over night using the what 5'6'' or 5''7'' Peters at RB is moronic.

His club think he can play at full back, I think they know how tall he is. Ipswich Town last I checked weren't telling their full backs to bomb forward and not track back as you seem to imply Peters would do. So why exactly is this moronic?

Archived