Fighting For Canadian Supremacy

In anticipation of the 2010 Voyageurs Cup I've kicked off a new blog solely covering the tournament called Fighting for Canadian Supremacy which you can find here:

http://voyageurscup.wordpress.com/

We will have guest writers from across the country helping out, hopefully from Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. I'm aiming to put together the number one source for the tournament when it comes to stats, analysis, news, opinions and more. So please check it out and enjoy.

One more thing is I'd like to put together a post on the history of the tournament, so anyone thats been involved in the Voyageurs Cup since day one and would be interested in writing something on the history of the tournament send me a PM.

In anticipation of the 2010 Voyageurs Cup I've kicked off a new blog solely covering the tournament called Fighting for Canadian Supremacy which you can find here:

http://voyageurscup.wordpress.com/

We will have guest writers from across the country helping out, hopefully from Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. I'm aiming to put together the number one source for the tournament when it comes to stats, analysis, news, opinions and more. So please check it out and enjoy.

One more thing is I'd like to put together a post on the history of the tournament, so anyone thats been involved in the Voyageurs Cup since day one and would be interested in writing something on the history of the tournament send me a PM.

Nice blog -- great to see people getting excited about the Voyageurs Cup and getting more and more media attention. Good luck with the blog and Go Caps.

Cool!

May I suggest to use a darker red in the title image? Cardinal red on a screen bleeds.

I'll probably end up changing that. The site will look very different both in content and appearance come April 28th, I'm just launching as soon as possible so it is the best it can possibly be come tournament time

• 1 month later...
The first Canadian player pool centric post on Fighting For Canadian Supremacy about potential Canadian Player restriction rules at the Voyageurs Cup. Love to hear what you all think: http://tinyurl.com/yzmxfnc

Not a bad idea but I think the tournament is still too young for this especially until there is a better depth pool of Canadian players for the teams to draw from.

Many might not like this point of view, but the Voyageurs Cup needs to remain at the absolute highest level of competition possible, and until we have a good 5 or 6 pro clubs developing talent, it would be a poor decision to enact a Canadian player quota. If the continued growth in popularity of the Vs Cup means that for a year there are only a few Canucks on the pitch per starting 11 to ensure the highest quality of play, then so be it, as long as the competition keeps growing in popularity.

This is the precursor to a Canadian league of sorts, in that this competition could hopefully one day run for a longer period of time through the summer, or else start a bit sooner to accommodate all the games. What are the odds of CONCACAF pushing back the CCL qualifiers to ensure a competition like this could be extended a bit deeper into the summer? Growth of this competition is paramount beyond all other play for Canadian pro clubs.

Archived