Canada - Honduras Viewing in Montreal

Grizzly

I have arranged for Cafe Frappe to show the game on the big screen. The game is at 5 pm Saturday, July 18th. Directions to Cafe Frappe can be found here: http://www.barstlaurentfrappe.com/contact.htm If you are taking the metro get off at St. Laurent metro station and walk up St. Laurent street for about 10 minutes and you will find it. Frappe does not serve food but it is possible to bring in food from the surrounding eateries which include Schwartz's world famous smoked meat, a couple of excellent Portugese chicken places and an excellent burger joint called Bun's. We haven't had a Montreal Voyageurs meeting in a while so hopefully we can get a few guys out. Frappe has satellite so they will also show the US-Panama game afterwards if anyone is interested in watching it.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

I have arranged for Cafe Frappe to show the game on the big screen. The game is at 5 pm Saturday, July 18th. Directions to Cafe Frappe can be found here: http://www.barstlaurentfrappe.com/contact.htm If you are taking the metro get off at St. Laurent metro station and walk up St. Laurent street for about 10 minutes and you will find it. Frappe does not serve food but it is possible to bring in food from the surrounding eateries which include Schwartz's world famous smoked meat, a couple of excellent Portugese chicken places and an excellent burger joint called Bun's. We haven't had a Montreal Voyageurs meeting in a while so hopefully we can get a few guys out. Frappe has satellite so they will also show the US-Panama game afterwards if anyone is interested in watching it.

I am going to eat Philly steak sandwiches in philly.. have fun at Frappe say hello .. to you know who...

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'd actually suggest walking from Sherbrooke metro (if you're coming on the orange line). Through Square Saint-Louis and up St-Laurent.

Both metro stations are about the same distance from the bar. However, if anyone is not familiar with the area I think it is easier to find from the St. Laurent station since it is on the same street that Frappe is on. If people do want to get off at the Sherbrooke metro, you need to cross over rue St. Denis, go through a little park (Square Saint-Louis) walk down the pedestrian only street (rue Prince Arthur) on the other side of the park for about 5 minutes and then turn right onto St. Laurent.

quote:Originally posted by SteveBeau

Grizz, I will be going with 3 or 4 other people , do we have to show up a long time in advance to be able to get seats??

Well Frappe seats several hundred so I hope so but not looking at things in an alternate universe, probably not!:D

quote:Originally posted by Miche

ok, did you get confirmation from the person you spoke to that you can bring food in? Being able to eat something total delish during the game is super important.

There has never been a problem bringing food in to Frappe. We do it all the time when we watch Impact games there. They don't have a kitchen at Frappe so it doesn't matter to them if people bring food in. It is particularly good since some of the best fast food restaurants in Montreal like Schwarz's and Coco Rico are right across the street.

Archived