Canada's top goal scorers.......

Just to add some more information, here are the goals per game for each player. If you extrapolate that number for Gerba, by his 50th cap he will have 27 goals providing he keeps up the current rate.

Mitchell 19/55 = .35 gpg

Catliff 18/44 = .41 gpg

Bunbury 16/64 = .25 gpg

DeRosario 15/52 = .29 gpg

Gerba 13/24 = .54 gpg

Vrablic 12/35 = .34 gpg

Corazzin 11/59 = .19 gpg

Radzinski 10/45 = .22 gpg

Peschisolido 10/53 = .19 gpg

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Gerba has just moved into the top 5 with his brace today against Guatemala. With a solid Gold Cup, he will be on his way to claiming Canada's top spot:

Mitchell 19

Catliff 18

Bunbury 16

DeRosario 15

Gerba 13

Vrablic 12

Corazzin 11

Radzinski 10

Pesch 10

The Gerba goals don't count, it was not an A friendly. It was the same as playing the Montreal Firemen Team, for statistical purposes at least. A mere scrimmage.

Stats should only be for full internationals, as recognized by FIFA, "A" friendlies and official competitive matches.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

The Gerba goals don't count, it was not an A friendly. It was the same as playing the Montreal Firemen Team, for statistical purposes at least. A mere scrimmage.

Stats should only be for full internationals, as recognized by FIFA, "A" friendlies and official competitive matches.

Are you certain? FIFA has it listed as a friendly, right below the Cyprus game (for Canada) and the Mexico game (for Guatemala). Concacaf lists it as a friendly as well.

Edited to add the defintion of an International A Friendly which would seem to indicate that this WAS an A match

quote:

Art. 4

International football matches recognised by the Federation shall be those between two national associations affiliated to the Federation and for which each association fields a representative national team.

An international “A” match shall be a match that has been arranged between two national associations affiliated to the Federation and for which both associations field their first national representative team.

The terms used to define a match shall be those recognised as giving an appropriate political and geographical description of the countries or territories in the national associations whose teams are involved in the match and over which countries or territories they have sole control and jurisdiction.

If a national association allows one of its leagues to choose a team which bears the name of its country, the match shall be considered an international match as described in the aforementioned §1.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

The CSA have already included them in the official tally list.

Guest Jeffery S.

Interesting. The Guatemala press insisted it was not, that it did not count. If it did better for us, in any case, as it will go towards our ranking.

I wonder what subs were made, unlimited would invalidate it as an A friendly, limited would not.

Any report on subs we made?

Canada made 7 substitutions. According to the FIFA Laws of the Game:

Official Competitions

Up to a maximum of three substitutes may be used in any match

played in an official competition organised under the auspices of FIFA, the confederations or the member associations.

The rules of the competition must state how many substitutes may be

nominated, from three up to a maximum of seven.

Other Matches

In national A team matches, up to a maximum of six substitutes may

be used. In all other matches, a greater number of substitutes may be used provided that:

• the teams concerned reach agreement on a maximum number;

• the referee is informed before the match.

If the referee is not informed, or if no agreement is reached before the match, no more than six substitutes are allowed.

^ Given that the number of substitutions was exceed along with the fact that De Guzman and a Guatemalan player were asked to sit out by the referee withoug cards being issued, makes me think that it was not an A friendly. I would trust the Guatemalan press over the CSA.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump this thread because I would like the situation with one of Gerba goal.

I notice that Gerba has scored 15 goals but one of them was against Guadeloupe (a non-FIFA team). Should that goal be excluded from Gerba total?

Not that I have I preference but it seems weird to me to include goals scored against teams that aren't FIFA members (DeRo also has one against Martinique). Anyways, I guess my question is what are the criterias regarding goals scored at the international level?

Archived