Montreal at Portland (R)

mtlfan

Montreal 0 Portland 4 Fulltime

Only saw last 15 or so minutes Montreal defence looks real bad.

How long will Dos Santos continue as preacher?

Someone gonna pay.

I'm worried what may happen with RiverPlate and Bourdeax.

quote:Originally posted by shawn_strat

The worst is that Montreal played the first half reasonably well, but fell apart in the second half. Jordan didn't look great either. River Plate will wipe the field with us...

Don't forget the other three teams coming to Montreal.

2 National Teams & Bordeaux.

Plus their not going to start their starters against all 4 friendlies.

The worst is that Montreal played the first half reasonably well, but fell apart in the second half. Jordan didn't look great either. River Plate will wipe the field with us...

Don't forget the other three teams coming to Montreal.

2 National Teams & Bordeaux.

Plus their not going to start their starters against all 4 friendlies.

For the life of me I can't understand why Sakuda starts. We did not do enough to win last night, but still the scoreline would not have been so bad, he was directly involved on two Timbers goals through bad positioning and trying to catch up late to the play. The game Elkana Mayard played 90 minutes just before the TFC game he looked pretty good. Also Braz was on the bench.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

For the life of me I can't understand why Sakuda starts. We did not do enough to win last night, but still the scoreline would not have been so bad, he was directly involved on two Timbers goals through bad positioning and trying to catch up late to the play. The game Elkana Mayard played 90 minutes just before the TFC game he looked pretty good. Also Braz was on the bench.

I haven't watched a lot of Impact games this year, but in every I game I have seen, Sakuda has been the worst player on the pitch. By far.

Gee a second half fold by Montreal, go figure! Ditching Limniatis was a dumb move. He deserved a bit more in patience from management. So ditch a coach who turned your season around last year way too prematurely and now what options do you have? Fire 2 coaches in 1 year?

I've always admired the Pittsburgh Steelers for their strategy in dealing with superstar athletes. If the players don't perform the players get fired and the coach stays. They take their time to pick one but when they do they stand by the coach and if players don't like it they get punted. Everybody there knows who is in charge and no amount of poor play by the players is going to get a coach fired.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

Gee a second half fold by Montreal, go figure! Ditching Limniatis was a dumb move. He deserved a bit more in patience from management. So ditch a coach who turned your season around last year way too prematurely and now what options do you have? Fire 2 coaches in 1 year?

I've always admired the Pittsburgh Steelers for their strategy in dealing with superstar athletes. If the players don't perform the players get fired and the coach stays. They take their time to pick one but when they do they stand by the coach and if players don't like it they get punted. Everybody there knows who is in charge and no amount of poor play by the players is going to get a coach fired.

FYI: The Impact are 2 points ahead of Vancouver, and 11 points. behind first place Puerto Rico Islanders, with 4 games in hand. I personally don't see the need to push the panic button ... again.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

FYI: The Impact are 2 points ahead of Vancouver, and 11 points. behind first place Puerto Rico Islanders, with 4 games in hand. I personally don't see the need to push the panic button ... again.

Yea just some residual bitterness on my part. 6 to F#$@ing 1 and there goes my plans for a Mexican vacation. :(

I'll be over it shortly. Both the Caps and Impact have 4 games in hand so they should both move up the table.

Archived