Canadians abroad: April 10-16, 2009

DJT

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

For those interested the Esbjerg FB (Cann and Ornoch)- Nordsajelland (Bernier and Issey) match on tuesday will be available on Rojadirecta.com

thanks for sharing this info. Hopefully Andrew and Adrian can get some playing time. Andrew had another strong performance for the Esbjerg reserves last week (scored a goal in a 2-0 win and named MoM) but he's still having a hard time cracking the starting 11 for the 1st team. Their new coach seems to want to play a very defensive style.

Occéan plays 90 and scored an own goal as Lillestrøm lose 2-0 at home to Vålerenga. OO had a bad 1st half where he was only noticable for his offsides and the OG. In the 2nd half he caused all kinds of trouble for the guests, but neither he nor his teammates were able to put the ball in the net.

*edit* forgot to add: Stamatopoulos sat on the bench as his new team Lyn played to a dull 0-0 draw with Viking.

quote:Originally posted by tarnado

^ Gillingham now 3 points from a promotion spot with 3 games to go. They play Bury and Rochdale both ahead of Gillingham.

Should say 3 points from an automatic promotion spot. They are in a playoff spot at the moment with little chance of being knocked out of one. So all of their next games are going to be a test for Simeon to show how clutch he is, particularly the playoffs and will also probably decide his fate with Gillingham. If they are promoted I'd guess he might stay.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

Vladimir Vukovic scored at the 47 minute mark as Bonsia Premier team Laktasi won 3-0 over Celik Zenica.

Interesting, I was looking at the quality of the Bosnian league teams in UEFA competition and they seem to have improved. Last year Sarajevo knocked out Genk of Belgium in Champions League qualifying but then lost 4-0 on aggregate to Dynamo Kiev.

From his wiki page he seems to have a pretty good goal rate and he is only 20. Having never seen him play I won't judge but if he is good enough then it would be nice to see a club closer to home pick him up.

I got side tracked and was looking at Igor Pisanjuk who beat out Vukovic for a forward spot on our U20 team for qualifying. Does anyone know how he is doing? Ferencvaros are a pretty big club although playing in the second division of Hungary due to financial problems. They have 3 capped Jamaican players and 1 capped T and T player.

While searching I found this:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/football/Blades-Hungary-for-success.4172650.jp

"If, as seems likely, they face United on July 14, then Blackwell will enjoy the chance to assess their capabilities first hand while the likes of László Brettschneider, Igor Pisanjuk, László Fitos, three of Davison's brightest young prospects, could also come under the microscope.

"

So I guess he is thought of pretty highly at least

Great see him play his natural position because I don't think he was going to challenge Stalteri for the RB spot. Now at least he has a very good shot and he should be given a start vs. Cyprus if he does stay in the Newcastle team as he has made more appearances for Newcastle this year than the last 2 years combined.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Interesting, I was looking at the quality of the Bosnian league teams in UEFA competition and they seem to have improved. Last year Sarajevo knocked out Genk of Belgium in Champions League qualifying but then lost 4-0 on aggregate to Dynamo Kiev.

From his wiki page he seems to have a pretty good goal rate and he is only 20. Having never seen him play I won't judge but if he is good enough then it would be nice to see a club closer to home pick him up.

Do many players have their own Wikipages?

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

For those interested the Esbjerg FB (Cann and Ornoch)- Nordsajelland (Bernier and Issey) match on tuesday will be available on Rojadirecta.com

Didn't watch the match, but Bernier was the only Canadian to play in the match. 90 minutes in a winning effort, 2-1, for FC Nordsjaelland. Nakajima-Farran was dressed but didn't play for FCN. Not sure if either Cann or Ornoch dressed for EfB.

Ornoch is a stud with the reserves but hasn't really had a sniff with the senior side for Esbjerg.

Archived