Pics from the Big O

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

You'd think it was 1981 and the Montreal Manic was playing.

Sebrango's a true gem.

I've been to three big events there, The Expos season opener in the late nineties when Henry Rodrigues debut'd, (40 000) the Alouettes Grey Cup semi-final a couple years ago (around 30 000 I would think and QUIET) and the Portugal/Ghana match at the U20 WC ( upwards of 45000 I think). Obviously there was absolutely no comparison in terms of sheer numbers, noise, atmosphere, and the sense of momentousness.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

I've been to three big events there, The Expos season opener in the late nineties when Henry Rodrigues debut'd, (40 000) the Alouettes Grey Cup semi-final a couple years ago (around 30 000 I would think and QUIET) and the Portugal/Ghana match at the U20 WC ( upwards of 45000 I think). Obviously there was absolutely no comparison in terms of sheer numbers, noise, atmosphere, and the sense of momentousness.

I've only seen the Big O this noisy and into it once before. The year was 1994, the Expos were dominating the National League and we had a big home series vs Atlanta. There were 58,000 maniacs there.

I've only seen the Big O this noisy and into it once before. The year was 1994, the Expos were dominating the National League and we had a big home series vs Atlanta. There were 58,000 maniacs there.

Kinda awesome too in a way.

I love the "minnows" lines. These minnows have teeth, real sharp teeth! I wonder if mini-barracudas would be considered "minnows"?

This is just too cool. I hope the Impact go far in this competition. All the way to the club world cup would be great. They have already set the standard and will be a real hard act to follow.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

I love the "minnows" lines. These minnows have teeth, real sharp teeth! I wonder if mini-barracudas would be considered "minnows"?

This is just too cool. I hope the Impact go far in this competition. All the way to the club world cup would be great. They have already set the standard and will be a real hard act to follow.

Not impossible. [8D]

Archived