Canadians abroad: January 30 - February 5, 2009

DJT

The first time I heard about him, it was at the 2008 CONCACAF Men Pre-Olympic Tournament. Isidro Sanchez-Macip. It's been some time that I follow his progress as today he's on the bench as Puebla faces Santos from mexican first division.

He's often on the bench but in general, he doesn't play. I hope he'll improve his game in the future.

Guest ccopela
quote:Originally posted by loyola

Stockport 0-1 MK Dons HT (Gerba on the bench)

Gerba Replaced Luke Chadwick in the 89th minute. game ends 0-1

Re: Gerba

Well, at least Di Matteo has given Ali the indication that he still wants him involved with the team. Wilbrahim is lighting it up right now, so why should Di Matteo interupt his great form? Jemal Johnson, the 23 year old American, is also highly rated by supporters. Sam Baldock, the 19 year old English striker is also a top 15 scorer. However, it would appear that Tore Andre Flo has been limited to brief appearances lately, and has yet to score a goal - (and at 35 his window to perform is brief at best).

I think we all have faith that Ali G has the skills to contribute at this level, if you look compartively at Hume's success rate in the Championship, I see no reason to believe that Ali can't do the same.

MK Dons will be promoted. And at that point we will have to see what the manager has planned for Ali, and if he is released, so be it, there will be plenty of League One clubs waiting to sign a capped international who held a squad spot with the 2nd best club. All that he can do is continue to try and take his opportunities when they come with the Dons.

One injury and Ali could be in the first 11 week-in and week-out with a whole new chance to prove himself.

Lars Hirschfeld seems to be the current choice for the top spot at CFR Cluj according to this article after Stancioiu made a few blunders in a game against FC Bihor.

google translation of last paragraph:

"Favorite for the post holder is Lars Hirschfeld, who has not caught the gate after gafat in the match with Steaua, back in the championship past."

http://www.onlinesport.ro/stiri/fotbal/fotbal-intern/liga-1/cfr-cluj/44234/stancioiu-a-intrat-din-nou-in-gura-fanilor.htm

Archived