Montreal Impact Starting 11

quote:Originally posted by Lorne

Well, now with the 2-0 win, I expect a more cautious and defensive game in Torreon, Mexico. Santo Lagunas played to a 2-2 tie on the weekend, so they keep playing 2 games a week and will be nursing some bumps and bruises.

Jordan

Braz - Pizzolito - Jocqueviel - Suprenant

Donatelli - Grande - Testo - diLorenzo

Gjerstsen - Sebrango

I would expect that Brown, deRoux and Brillant will all get into the game at some point; perhaps only late in the game as a time wasting tactic. Left back is a tough position to fill. DiLorenzo plays well there, but his strength is in possession and he is very valuable in midfield as well. Jocqueviel, I think, has solidified his credentials as CB with the last game in Montreal. Suprenant didnt play against the USA in the Canada-USA u-20 friendly game on Saturday; hopefully this was to save him for this big game. This game will be a big test of the Impacts defence.

If we get one they need 4. Not gonna happen. I hope not to see Suprenant yet, and would rather see DeRoux start as he proved a handful for the Santos defense right from his introduction last match.

Start Brown to aggravate and possibly draw a yellow, then replace him with Gjertsen.

Jordan

Braz Joqueviel Pizzolitto DiLorenzo

Donatelli Testo Grande DeRoux

Brown Sebrango

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Lorne

Well, now with the 2-0 win, I expect a more cautious and defensive game in Torreon, Mexico. Santo Lagunas played to a 2-2 tie on the weekend, so they keep playing 2 games a week and will be nursing some bumps and bruises.

Jordan

Braz - Pizzolito - Jocqueviel - Suprenant

Donatelli - Grande - Testo - diLorenzo

Gjerstsen - Sebrango

I would expect that Brown, deRoux and Brillant will all get into the game at some point; perhaps only late in the game as a time wasting tactic. Left back is a tough position to fill. DiLorenzo plays well there, but his strength is in possession and he is very valuable in midfield as well. Jocqueviel, I think, has solidified his credentials as CB with the last game in Montreal. Suprenant didnt play against the USA in the Canada-USA u-20 friendly game on Saturday; hopefully this was to save him for this big game. This game will be a big test of the Impacts defence.

I wouldn't change a damn thing from what they did last week. It worked once...

If Santos gets a 1-0 lead, then you change it up a bit. Until then, play a cautions and smart, but positive game.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

I wouldn't change a damn thing from what they did last week. It worked once...

If Santos gets a 1-0 lead, then you change it up a bit. Until then, play a cautions and smart, but positive game.

Only thing was, Placentino played really rusty and we have better wingers in Brillant, DeRoux and Donatelli that could start instead. But otherwise yup.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Only thing was, Placentino played really rusty and we have better wingers in Brillant, DeRoux and Donatelli that could start instead. But otherwise yup.

Well since Rocco is hurt and stayed in Mtl (according to the JDM) they will probably put someone else on the left wing. The question is will they put a new left back on the field and push Di Lo up or will they simply replace Rocco with someone like Brillant.

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

Only thing I would change is to get Testo out of midfield, geez did he have a rough game. He usually performs better than that, but he was a liability at times on the pitch.

i've watched a lot of Impact games but Testo has never really stood out to me which might be good but Wednesday he did... in a bad way. He was definitely a liability out there.

I don't think this is the time to throw out new players however. Meaning that Placentino's replacement should be either De Roux or Brilliant who were both great coming off the bench. Players we know are match fit and can play vs. Santos.

Maybe even play a 4-4-1-1

Throw Gjersten in the hole, Sebrango up front. Grande and Testo as DMs. De Roux and Brilliant on the wings. Sound good?

Sorry if I sound dumb, I have only seen the Impact about 10 times since like May so Im no expert by any means haha.

Is Suprenant good enough to start? He didn't start much last season where would he be on the depth chart? Behind Di Lorenzo and Gatti?

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

i've watched a lot of Impact games but Testo has never really stood out to me which might be good but Wednesday he did... in a bad way. He was definitely a liability out there.

I don't think this is the time to throw out new players however. Meaning that Placentino's replacement should be either De Roux or Brilliant who were both great coming off the bench. Players we know are match fit and can play vs. Santos.

Maybe even play a 4-4-1-1

Throw Gjersten in the hole, Sebrango up front. Grande and Testo as DMs. De Roux and Brilliant on the wings. Sound good?

Sorry if I sound dumb, I have only seen the Impact about 10 times since like May so Im no expert by any means haha.

Is Suprenant good enough to start? He didn't start much last season where would he be on the depth chart? Behind Di Lorenzo and Gatti?

Suprenant is a great prospect, but I doubt he's ready to start such a monumental game. I think DiLorenzo starts at left back, Brillant comes in for Placentino, everyone else keeps their spot.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Suprenant is a great prospect, but I doubt he's ready to start such a monumental game. I think DiLorenzo starts at left back, Brillant comes in for Placentino, everyone else keeps their spot.

Agreed. Is Brown not suspended? He seemed REALLY pissed when he got that yellow, I thought for sure he was suspended. It was a bad call sure but he was giving it to the ref. Really a hot headed player haha.

I would really look to replace Brown with an in the hole player give Montreal a more counter attacking look and some more players behind the ball.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Agreed. Is Brown not suspended? He seemed REALLY pissed when he got that yellow, I thought for sure he was suspended. It was a bad call sure but he was giving it to the ref. Really a hot headed player haha.

I would really look to replace Brown with an in the hole player give Montreal a more counter attacking look and some more players behind the ball.

Archived