U20 - GM3 CAN vs GER

Vic

Not only do we have an incredible crop of women this cycle, but we are CONCACAF champions. The Germans are not only weak and beatable, but they have the stink on them now, and will be playing in absolute fear. If they lose this game, they go home the most shameful German women's team possibly ever. That will make their smooth concise controlled game fractured and chunky, and they won't have even half their natural rhythm. Perhaps their full women's team could work within that constricted mental space, but not teenagers. Canada will be fresh, pumped and mentally focused. The only real question is who do we play next - Brazil, North Korea or Norway.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see the game but wasn't Germany's performance against Japan superior to that of Canada's? Didn't Germany actually have an attack for that game? They scored one goal, had a slight lead in possession time and had 6 shots on goal with 5 corners. Canada had 2 shots on goal 2 corners and a 14 % deficit in possession time. I'd have to give the edge to Germany advance especially because they only need a tie.

The big day arrives, and I can hear the Germans knees knocking from here. Both teams leaving the turf for grass today. We have a great backline and I have no doubt we can keep them off the board. The question is can we pot one in 90 minutes. Luckily the Germans achilles heel is their keeper. She looked really weak against the Japanese. Anything on her can go in.

Yesterday England scored the heartbreaker seconds from the end at 90+4 to beat New Zealand and squeeze past them for a quarter-final spot. Now that would have been an upset. The Kiwis are really to be admired for their advances. Not bad for a country 10% the size of Canada.

Starting lineup today:

(GK) Erin McNULTY 1

Alexandra MARTON 4

© Myriam BOUCHARD 5

Kaylyn KYLE 8

Loredana RIVERSO 10

Allysha CHAPMAN 11

Monica LAM-FEIST 14

Anoop JOSAN 15

Jonelle FILIGNO 16

Chelsea STEWART 17

Karla SCHACHER 1

That's just an incredible lineup. Identical to our Congo starting lineup.

The Germans are mixing it up and starting three players who sat on the bench for the first half of their game against Japan, including one who sat the bench the entire game.

An all-Aussie crew in the middle and on the lines. I imagine the grappling on the field will make them feel like they are back home watching a rules game or a wallabees scrum.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

Starting lineup today:

(GK) Erin McNULTY 1

Alexandra MARTON 4

© Myriam BOUCHARD 5

Kaylyn KYLE 8

Loredana RIVERSO 10

Allysha CHAPMAN 11

Monica LAM-FEIST 14

Anoop JOSAN 15

Jonelle FILIGNO 16

Chelsea STEWART 17

Karla SCHACHER 1

That's just an incredible lineup. Identical to our Congo starting lineup.

The Germans are mixing it up and starting three players who sat on the bench for the first half of their game against Japan, including one who sat the bench the entire game.

An all-Aussie crew in the middle and on the lines. I imagine the grappling on the field will make them feel like they are back home watching a rules game or a wallabees scrum.

I can;t find the link on CBC. Does anyone have it for the game?

I was quite critical of this team after the Japan match but they played a much more ball control game against Congo. Hope to see more skilled football right now vs Germany.

Archived