Montreal v Seattle [R]

Have to say I'm watching this game as opposed to the Whitecaps game at the moment.

Exciting stuff but terrible refereeing. All tied up at the moment.

Seattle had a guy sent off that never warranted a red.

Then Seattle get a just penalty, score and have to re-take because of encroachment by Seattle whereas behind him there are at least two Montreal players almost level with the penalty spot by the time the kick is taken. Completeley missed by the referee.

Seattle then go and miss the re-take and it's anyone's game.

Hope Seattle can snatch this though.

That was one wicked second half. Absolutely wicked.

I think that's the 1st Impact game I've seen/listened to where the bulk of the crowd was getting into it. You can have 8-9 thousand football fans at a match or you can 13 thousand customers, think I know which one I prefer.

And here we are. Seattle is going on to MLS while Montreal is going on towards another championship. Ha!

Switching over to the 'Cap game.

For those who don't know what happend...

3-1 impact final with a goal from Ribeiro ('90+2), just unbelievable.

10 vs 10

1-1 game

.... 2-1 curtosy of Placentino

.... 2-2 ?goal by seatle on a pk, seatle player stepped in the box as the penalty was being taken, its re-taken and its missed off the post so it stays 2-1

.... 3-1 goal by Ribeiro after Joey Gjertsen hits the bar

and there you go, the dream is still alive...

quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

For those who don't know what happend...

3-1 impact final with a goal from Ribeiro ('90+2), just unbelievable.

10 vs 10

1-1 game

.... 2-1 curtosy of Placentino

.... 2-2 ?goal by seatle on a pk, seatle player stepped in the box as the penalty was being taken, its re-taken and its missed off the post so it stays 2-1

.... 3-1 goal by Ribeiro after Joey Gjertsen hits the bar

and there you go, the dream is still alive...

On an absolute stinger from 25+ yard...

quote:Originally posted by Sébastien

Does someone have this game online available for download or anything?

Try USLLive.com later tonight or tomorrow. Think you need to have an account with them (ie you've bought a USLLive product at some point in the past) to watch matches on demand.

Video quality is usually pretty good. Multi-cameras with typically good production selection but the match commentary is almost always homer and worse still, hugely inconsistent as far as quality is concerned.

Night and day comparing match commentary between the Impact-Seattle fixture and Minnesota-Vancouver for example.

I have never been to such a crazy game in my life. It was a wild rollercoaster ride from the moment Montreal scored in the 56th minute all the way to the final whistle. 3 red cards, a penalty shot that had to be re-taken and is missed the second time. Wow. I got my money's worth and then some.

Big negative: The refereeing was very poor all around. The Impact were very lucky in some instances. The penalty shot having to be re-taken is a first for me. Jordan was wasting a lot of time before the first penalty shot and really deserved a yellow card. Sebastien Le Toux was called offside at least 3 times but in one of those he was clearly onside. The Impact played with a lot of heart but luck was on their side.

quote:Originally posted by MTLcanada514

It feels good to be on the good side of the "doubtful" calls for once. The haters are gonna say well impact players also were in the box but im not 100% sure of the exact rule, maybe someone who'se referee'd before on this board can explain? anyways this feels greattttttt,

Nothing worse than the penalty wich was given against Montreal on Friday in Seattle, when the replay clearly showed the forward tripping over his own feet. So really just a fantastic and gutsy showing by a team in a league where you're never sure what the hell bizarreness you're going to see from the refs on a given night.

Guest Jeffery S.

Video highlights from the Impact site:

http://www.montrealimpact.com/Multimedia/Videos.aspx?language=EN

Have to say from what we see here that the called back penalty is bewildering. The only thing I can imagine is that the short, dark-haired Sounders player who appears on the far end of the box after the first penalty goes in was inside the box well before anyone else, as he seems to be in the ref's line of vision (but out of this camera frame). If not, the call was hard to understand.

Good show from Impact, but enough is enough. Time to worry about greater things and leave the USL to us.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Have to say from what we see here that the called back penalty is bewildering. The only thing I can imagine is that the short, dark-haired Sounders player who appears on the far end of the box after the first penalty goes in was inside the box well before anyone else, as he seems to be in the ref's line of vision (but out of this camera frame). If not, the call was hard to understand.

Good show from Impact, but enough is enough. Time to worry about greater things and leave the USL to us.

Montreal to win the Champions League and Vancouver the USL? [:P]

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

Montreal to win the Champions League and Vancouver the USL? [:P]

Vancouver could reasonably win the USL. Montreal would be very hard pressed to win the Champions. But if they can make it through the group it will be a great acheivement and will give them a focus for the entire winter, as their season will officially start with the critical knock-out rounds relatively early in 2009.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

It depends. What's your offer? :D

Archived