Westjet Sale-For Travel Sept 3-Oct 31

I got this email from travelzoo.

Hope it can help some people get to Edmonton or Montreal. Sadly I doubt even with this that I'll be able to go.

Anyways here's the email message:

CANADA--JULY 17, 2008-- WestJet just released their first

sale for fall travel. Travel from September 3 to October 31

and save 50% OFF regular prices. You must book by July 23

to take advantage of this offer.

Here are a few of the fares we came across:

- Ottawa - Toronto .... $45

- Winnipeg - Regina .... $59

- Victoria - Edmonton .... $69

- Halifax - Montreal .... $79

- Saskatoon - Edmonton .... $79

- Quebec City - Toronto .... $99

Travel is valid for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday flights.

For more information on this sale and to book, click below.

http://ca.travelzoo.com/Newsflash.asp?438113

If you can't wait until fall, WestJet is offering $5 OFF

summer travel if you book by the end of July. You will need

to enter the promo code 'SAVE5'.

Anyone want to offer some advice? Should I book my ticket from Edmonton to Monreal for Sept. with WestJet tomorrow (July 23) before the 50% off Fall Travel sale finishes? Or should I wait and hope there's a better deal sometime between now and then?

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

Anyone want to offer some advice? Should I book my ticket from Edmonton to Monreal for Sept. with WestJet tomorrow (July 23) before the 50% off Fall Travel sale finishes? Or should I wait and hope there's a better deal sometime between now and then?

I don't think you're going to get much better than 50% off. If anything the taxes would go up.

I'd book it asap if it was me. Then again I would if I could aka as in had the $$$.

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

You're running out of time...but $199 each way isn't that great of a deal. I believe you'll see at least a $199 deal again in the next 4 weeks (but maybe your preferred flight will be sold out by then) and there's a small chance of a better deal, IMHO. But the clock's ticking, so if you're not a gambler I'd say book it.

Booked... I arrive in Montreal on Thursday, Sept 4th and leave Monday Sept. 8th. The wife is coming along, so we'll be making a holiday of it. Anyone know a good, clean (up to my wife's standards) place to stay at a reasonable rate?

Oh and to whomever is standing behind us... please don't spill beer on my wife... It took a lot of sweet talking to get to to agree to my $1200 airfare. [:o)]

quote:Originally posted by CanadianTraveller

The Fairmont actually had a fantastic deal on in Montreal - perhaps it's sold out by now. But it was...$139 night? Mid-week and weekend, too. Also check out the Omni (although that deal is pretty old).

On flights: I am not yet sure if I'll book Vancouver to Edmonton for the October 15th game, but the deadline for the seat sale is tonight, right? If I do not do it tonight, how confident are you that a seat sale of at least equal value will be in effect?

Absolutely 95% positive :-)

You should have no trouble finding a $198 r/t (+tax+surcharge+++) from Edmonton to Vancouver. Whether it will get any lower is debatable. Whether there's space on a particular flight is debatable. The good news is that you have a fall-back plan - you get in a rental car and you drive.

All Westjet flights Wednesday and Thursday still show "seat sale" availability, and so do most of Air Canada's, so that's a good sign re: finding a cheap flight.

You've got plenty of time to "roll the dice" and the odds are in your favour. But since you'd only be saving at most probably $55, do you want to be checking fare sales every day for the next two months? If not, book early...like this seat sale.

Archived