Canada vs Jamaica pre-game meet-up

CanadaLFC

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

I wouldn't expect the pubs to be too busy before a weeknight game. There's not much time after a normal Toronto workday to get to the pub before the match, considering that these pubs are already a decent walk from the stadium.

The solution is: don't have a normal Toronto workday. Leave early. :)

Just a heads up with that: the last big weekday game in Toronto was TFC's home match against Montreal in the Vee's Cup. I can't speak for the Rhino and Shoeless, but the Gate was busier than I've seen in a long time. With the electric atmosphere of the match people seemed to be in quite a good mood, and getting a beer at the bar was a task in itself. I think that the Canada game will surpass that night, and I expect at least these three bars to be extremely busy.

Even better is that I expect the march to be huge. It took a good 5-10 minutes for the TFC fans to march through the GO tunnel during the Montreal match, and with an added 400/500 Vees in tow it'll be even bigger.

I cannot explain how excited I am for all of this.

Qu'est que vous chantez?

Nous chantons les rouges allez!

Up the reds!

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

Just a heads up with that: the last big weekday game in Toronto was TFC's home match against Montreal in the Vee's Cup. I can't speak for the Rhino and Shoeless, but the Gate was busier than I've seen in a long time. With the electric atmosphere of the match people seemed to be in quite a good mood, and getting a beer at the bar was a task in itself. I think that the Canada game will surpass that night, and I expect at least these three bars to be extremely busy.

Agreed. I was at the Gate before the Impact match and I am hoping for a similar environment on Aug 20, wherever I am. (I guess I arrived at the Gate early enough that day - snagged some seats at the bar and never had difficulty getting a beer. :)) I didn't really notice if it became crowded.

I met some friends at The Rhino before the All-Star Game. Not that a party atmosphere would be expected before an exhibition, but it was very quiet. I'd rather have a rocking Gate than a sleepy Rhino.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

I was in Toronto last may for the Canada/Argentina U20 friendly and there was a meet up at the Wheat Schiff(sp).What happened to that place?

Seems like some of the staff didn't want the U-Sector's particular style of business, so we now gather at the Gate. The Sheaf is still there, but there are better options if you want pre-match atmosphere.

Guest speedmonk42

If people are worried about the bars being packed, go to the Rhino. That place is HUGE and has a huge patio.

It is only a 5 minute walk from the gate and a great place to co-ordinate the march from.

We are meeting at The Rhino for pre-game. Many of us will be present in the early afternoon. Ed and I should be there no later than 3PM.

This is also the watering hole for NEE/Voyageurs, who sold-out their section and will be meeting/ partying there as well.

BrennanFan will be distributing the scarves here, and Razcle will be distributing the shirts here.

We will then march to Shoeless and the Gate, and pick up the rest of the Canadian supporters.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

The Rhino is definitely a good choice on the 20th.

I'm going to work to organize something for the 19th as well, somewhere downtown, assuming people are interested in getting together the night before.

I'll be taking the red eye from Vancouver so I won't arrive until Wednesday morning.

Archived