Bring Back The Blizzard on July 1 - Cda Cup

A campaign (albeit in its embryonic stage) has been started by myself, a magazine publisher, an insurrectionist ;) and a print reporter to convince the esteemed Paul Beirne and TFC to wear Toronto Blizzard uniforms for the July 1st Canada Cup match versus the Vancouver Whitecaps.

We have already received approval and encouragement from Joe Parolini, the owner of the Toronto Blizzard trademark so now we need your support from the grassroots level!

I am hoping that we can also add the Blizzard alumni to the event in order to honour the club that existed from 1979 to 1993.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto...ard_%28NASL%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto...281986-1993%29

Thanks for your support!

db

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Hopefully the Blizzard are put back on the field at some point. A reunion is great, but I would love to see the Blizzard's red and white playing again.

How about a USL First Division team for TO ?

Uhhhh...Because it worked out so well before.

I really believe a USL D1 team would do better in Toronto now than they did prior to TFC. Play the home games at BMO, no doubt in my mind that there would be 6000 to the 'new' Blizzard games.

mind u that is if the team is run right, not like the Lynx.

I dont think TFC should wear and Blizzard gear.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Trident

Uhhhh...Because it worked out so well before.

Actually, I think there might a good point hidden in there.

A USL Div 1 team, run well, might actually do very well.

People now have 'permission' to go see soccer here.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Exactly. The Blizzard were very well known in TO and across Canada.

Actually, I think there might a good point hidden in there.

A USL Div 1 team, run well, might actually do very well.

People now have 'permission' to go see soccer here.

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

I dont think TFC should wear and Blizzard gear.

Why not? It's an acknowledgment of those who worked to build the game here and the city's past teams.

By that thinking, the Raptors should not have worn Huskies uniforms, the Leafs should not have worn St. Pat's uniforms, and the Argos should not....uhhh....hey! Look over there!

Yoing...

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

Why not bring back the Toronto Metro-Croatia while we are at it? :D

I'd love to see 3 time World Superstar Champion Brian Budd back for one more game. I think he could still kick some players butts!

Toronto Croatia doesn't exist?

• 3 weeks later...

Why not bring back the Toronto Metro-Croatia while we are at it? :D

I'd love to see 3 time World Superstar Champion Brian Budd back for one more game. I think he could still kick some players butts!

Such a sad post in retrospect. :(

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

and Brian Budd just passed away...

Yea that was a heart skipping moment for me as well. So young and I still remember him doing 47 chinups in 60 seconds for one of the Superstar contests.

I post the above as a joke thinking maybe they'd do the Gordie Howe routine and sub him in late just for kicks. Then the next day I read on the forum here that he passed away. Talk about a shocker [B)]

Yea that was a heart skipping moment for me as well. So young and I still remember him doing 47 chinups in 60 seconds for one of the Superstar contests.

I post the above as a joke thinking maybe they'd do the Gordie Howe routine and sub him in late just for kicks. Then the next day I read on the forum here that he passed away. Talk about a shocker [B)]

Ya it was a sad coincidence. Interestingly, my most vivid visual memory of Brian Budd at superstars is also the chinups. He was a incredible!

Archived