Colin Linford to resign?

knowitall

Colin Linford may well resign before the upcoming C.S.A. Annual General Meeting. More and more revelations are being made public within the Board of Directors of the C.S.A. regarding Linfords role in what may be dubbed the "Simoes Fiasco".

These revelations are not just restricted to the Simoes Fiasco but involve other matters that are just as, if not, more serious. Colin Linford is feeling pressure as the revelations continue to come.

There are certain members of the Board who are trying to relieve these pressures as they do not want Linford to resign, specifically at this juncture, with all of the other pressures facing the CSA. and the upcoming A.G.M.

Others are of the opinion that Linford will have no choice but to fall on his sword.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by knowitall

Colin Linford may well resign before the upcoming C.S.A. Annual General Meeting. More and more revelations are being made public within the Board of Directors of the C.S.A. regarding Linfords role in what may be dubbed the "Simoes Fiasco".

These revelations are not just restricted to the Simoes Fiasco but involve other matters that are just as, if not, more serious. Colin Linford is feeling pressure as the revelations continue to come.

There are certain members of the Board who are trying to relieve these pressures as they do not want Linford to resign, specifically at this juncture, with all of the other pressures facing the CSA. and the upcoming A.G.M.

Others are of the opinion that Linford will have no choice but to fall on his sword.

If Linford could not muster the support of the board for such an important decision, resignation is obviously an option.

There must be a reason that your monicer is LOUDMOUTHSOUP.

I have a solution just keep your eyes and your ears open and your LOUDMOUTHSOUP shut.

FACT: Colin Linford may well resign before the upcoming C.S.A. Annual General Meeting.

FACT: More and more revelations are being made public within the Board of Directors of the C.S.A. regarding Linfords role in what may be dubbed the "Simoes Fiasco".

FACT: These revelations are not just restricted to the Simoes Fiasco but involve other matters that are just as, if not, more serious.

FACT: Colin Linford is feeling pressure as the revelations continue to come.

FACT: There are certain members of the Board who are trying to relieve these pressures as they do not want Linford to resign, specifically at this juncture, with all of the other pressures facing the CSA. and the upcoming A.G.M.

FACT: Others are of the opinion that Linford will have no choice but to fall on his sword.

ARE YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN AND YOUR LOUDMOUTHSOUP SHUT?

You are just as bad as FREEKICK.

The FACT that all this information is leaking out of the Board shows how unprofessional and juvenile this whole Board actually is. And I doubt these leaks are being provided by Linford.

It doesn't take a political science degree to know that Linford would feel pressure to resign and that is without anything more than what we know already.

There is distinct similarity between individuals on this board with many posts; 4592 posts, 1157 posts, 1786 posts, some over 2000 posts and yet none of you have effected any meaningful change to soccer in Canada except to attack new posters.

The only cowards are you guys that keep whining and taking no action.

You get a solution and all you harp on about are the negatives. Your idea of positive is to write slogans on a piece of paper, sorry guys they teach you that at kindergarten.

As for being a coward, myself with the able assistance of others will indeed effect menaingful change to the way soccer operates in this country.

What have you done lately. please inform me of the last meaningful informative, knowledgeable posting any of you have submitted.

Posting other peoples work does not count.

I don't have over 2000 posts. I still think you're a Dick (As in Richard) for having a clear personal conflict and agenda against Colin Linford.

Stop beating around the bush and tell us who you are. If all that you say is true and you know stuff about Linford. Come out tell us who you are and what you know, and maybe you will be taken seriously.

If we get to know you, who knows maybe we will invite you to come and join us for a beer at the game in Edmonton.

GWALLACE76 I have no doubt you will soon have over 2000 posts;

That chap from Winnipeg who just posted, has 1990 post(s) or something close, he should be over 2000 by tonite.

I have no doubt that you will also not effect meaningful change;

I asked you all for " What have you done lately. please inform me of the last meaningful informative, knowledgeable posting any of you have submitted. Posting other peoples work does not count "

And what is your response you will invite me for a beer at the next game, wow more talk, I am not on this board to get to know you, I want to know what are you going to do?

Please tell my good fellows.

I have no doubt that you will also not effect meaningful change;

If you have as much access to people with influence, on the inside, as you claim, we should be questioning you as to why you haven't effected any "meaningful change", not the other way around.

What type of "meaningful change" (buzzword alert) do you propose? If hiring a good coach is such a change, your friends on the board already shat all over that.

<mod>

Play nice kids or I'm taking this topic away. Keep the personal stuff out. So no-one is officialy a coward, douche bag or any other unflattering variety of discriptive.

Speculation, gossip and wild rumours=okay. Pissing matches and hissy fits=not okay.

Thanks

Cheeta

</mod>

That chap from Winnipeg who just posted, has 1990 post(s) or something close, he should be over 2000 by tonite.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Approx 300 posts in 3.5 years. Oh ya, I'll be at 2000 posts next week. Who cares how many posts people have anyways. The people here are not showing you disrespect because you are a new poster. We're showing you disrespect because you're trying to use this board to further your own personal agenda.

What have I done for soccer lately?

- Well in the last week I have sent my application to the CSA to take over the Senior Men's Coaching position. I mean really, I have just as much chance as taking the MNT to the World Cup as Dale Mitchell does. Financially the deal would make sense too. I would only need $65,000 per year and 2 cases of beer a week. (And Large Bonuses for qualifying for the World Cup) I have much experience playing FIFA Manager on the computer, so I am sure I would be suitable.

- I have sent letters to several board of directors (Provincial Heads) asking why the hiring of Rene Simoes was not aproved by the board.

- I have contributed financially to keep the forum running. The same forum that you are trying to use to further a personal agenda.

- And I have attended more than 20 senior Men's National Team games. (Plus many more at the U-20 and women's) I beleive as a fan my job is to support the players on the field. That's the job of all of the people on this board. I was there at Swangard when Canada played the US, and all I heard all day long was the chanting and cheering of Sam's Army.

That brings me to my next point. Since the inception of the Voyageurs in 1998, there have been large groups gathering for each game to cheer on our teams. It is one key ingredient that was missing at home games in the past.

About 3 years ago, there was serious debate as to whether we should organize better and push for change in the CSA. There was just not enough support for this concept.

I have been associated with this group and this board since the Gold Cup in 2000, and have had the pleasure of meeting several other members from all over the country. It's clear that this forum is for the fans of the game to voice their opinions, not for individuals (Like you) to further their personal agendas. (As is crystal clear from your posts)

Personally I would like to see this group better organized. A framework would need to be worked out first, then the next step would be to create an NPO. If and when the group decides to go in that direction, I will be the first to contribute funds.

Now that i've shown you the respect of answering your question. Show us some respect and answer ours. Who are you?

Archived