New Toronto FC notebook

johnmolinaro

This is an extremely informative column and answers a lot of questions about what's going on with the club, thanks very much John!

I found it particularly interesting to find out that Marco Reda is carrying an injury and won't play tomorrow. That may explain why he was so awful in the midweek KC match. Many people on the message boards have been saying that Reda can't play at the MLS level and I think that this talk should end now that we know he was playing injured. He was much better in the first two matches of the season, and he's played reasonably well for Canada internationally when given the chance, so I think he deserves some slack until he's back to 100%.

John, if you're willing to take requests, I'd like to request an update on Adam Braz in one of your future columns. You didn't list him among the injured TFC players, so why isn't he in the starting 11 at a time when Reda and Pozniak are out with injuries? There are different rumours floating around on this message board and others (ie. he hasn't played because his fitness isn't there after an injury, or Mo has concluded that he can hack it in MLS, etc...), and I'd appreciate it if you could shed any light on this.

Thanks!

I know that several of the senior roster Canadians are either injured or not in game shape, but it is still disappointing that there might only be 2 Canadian players that see the field tomorrow, the first Canadian MLS match on home soil.

Given that Canizalez looked pretty good in the last game playing in a 4-4-2 & Nagamura has been increasibly invisible & ineffective in every match, I'd rather see MC2 start on the right. At the very least I hope that we see MC2 & maybe even Lombardo as subs - think of how fired up they will be tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by MikeD

This is an extremely informative column and answers a lot of questions about what's going on with the club, thanks very much John!

I found it particularly interesting to find out that Marco Reda is carrying an injury and won't play tomorrow. That may explain why he was so awful in the midweek KC match. Many people on the message boards have been saying that Reda can't play at the MLS level and I think that this talk should end now that we know he was playing injured. He was much better in the first two matches of the season, and he's played reasonably well for Canada internationally when given the chance, so I think he deserves some slack until he's back to 100%.

John, if you're willing to take requests, I'd like to request an update on Adam Braz in one of your future columns. You didn't list him among the injured TFC players, so why isn't he in the starting 11 at a time when Reda and Pozniak are out with injuries? There are different rumours floating around on this message board and others (ie. he hasn't played because his fitness isn't there after an injury, or Mo has concluded that he can hack it in MLS, etc...), and I'd appreciate it if you could shed any light on this.

Thanks!

Braz is still carrying a nagging injury. I'll see if I can find out more tomorrow at the game.

speaking of which, I will likely file an updated TFC Notebook column sometime after the game

quote:Originally posted by johnmolinaro

CBC Sports Online is going to do live streaming for every Toronto FC broadcast on CBC TV. the stream will also be archived and available on demand.

Great news, but how does MLS feel about this? It sorta goes against their MLSLive.tv thing.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Jamit

Great news, but how does MLS feel about this? It sorta goes against their MLSLive.tv thing.

It is only available in Canada, as I have so sadly discovered today hoping to follow the match live. The matchtracker is no substitute. Not only that, but I tried to sign up to the MLS Live package and it is not working today, as they say they are upgrading, but only tell you that after you have filled in all the details and "sent" your credit card number in. Not too professional. They should let you know first it is not working before pulling in those personal and financial details.

Archived