USA National Team

ANC2

Just listened to an interview with Bradley the US Coach. He was stating that the US Team were in camp for over 30 days before the Denmark & Mexico games. Then another 10 days for Ecuador and Guat game. Its amazing that a National team can do that.

Of course we don't have the money to afford such a long camp but I think we have the players to organize a similar but shorter activity during january/february. With all our MLS players, Scandinavians and maybe a few USLer's we could do it.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Of course we don't have the money to afford such a long camp but I think we have the players to organize a similar but shorter activity during january/february. With all our MLS players, Scandinavians and maybe a few USLer's we could do it.

We did just that with Hart calling in Simpson, Williams, Stewart, Sutton, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

because USA soccer have the knowhow how to get the money.

look at MLSE they turn around and pocketed 15 millions from BMO.

in one season they will sell more Jerseys and TFC merchandise than what the CSA has sold and made available in decades.

you dont make gate money when you almost never play at home.

tune up games at homes bring revenues and free advertising.

by the time you play your 3rd WCQ at home ther is not interest anymore becuase you are already out of contention due to poor vision and lack of prep game.

The USSF also had that little competition called the World Cup that brought them in over $100 Million back in '94. It's easy to setup a league and then bring in top national teams to play against with that kind of bankroll. Once you establish your program and create demand in the public, the gate revenues start flowing in. US Soccer charges upwards of $100 a ticket for USA-Mexico friendlies, do you think Canadians would pay that much and fill the stadium!? Not yet anyways...

how many of you have felt ripped off after you have been to a nats game

where you were simple presented a product below par.

to expect people to pay and return the product has to be decent and competitive

the Guatemala game in Burnaby that was a total rip off.

sure there was great demand for tickets after that

10 thousands show up for the next game in a 50k+ stadium should tell you that the product is not marketable and most of them had already bought their tickets before the garbage that was on disply in Burnaby.

Actually, i've never felt ripped off watching any Canada match. The only Sr MNT game i've watched live that we lost was against Iran and even then i saw the silver lining with players like De Vos, Stalteri, Clarke and Aristodemo being blooded....

the only time I've felt ripped off is when the damned Mexican ref called a crappy game and hurt our chances at qualifying.

And, it feels like a ripoff when our organizations cannot market the games better to Canadian fans, and as a result us die hards are surrounded by a roiling sea of opposing fans.

As for the games, our lads generally try their damnedest, and I can never knock them for that. The fact that they get little prep time ie. support, is a ripoff, too.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

the only time I've felt ripped off is when the damned Mexican ref called a crappy game and hurt our chances at qualifying.

And, it feels like a ripoff when our organizations cannot market the games better to Canadian fans, and as a result us die hards are surrounded by a roiling sea of opposing fans.

As for the games, our lads generally try their damnedest, and I can never knock them for that. The fact that they get little prep time ie. support, is a ripoff, too.

Amen to that

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Well, it isn't too hard if most of them are MLS players, out of season.

It's only hard if you have no coach, technical director, janitor, secretary, coffee monkey, copy boy...

I could be the copy boy!

Archived