Toronto FC Acquire Eskandarian

Bill Ault

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Peters is not made for the English game. He has pace but he is too small and too light for the physical demands of that game, especially the lower teirs such as the championship. Unlike in other championships in Europe, the only position where English clubs can play a player like Peters is as a winger.

If he was somewhere else on the continent, I might agree with your view that TFC would be a step down to a lower ceiling. But in Peters case, I would view this move as a chance to recsue his career. Going to Ipswich was a terible move IMO and I still cant figure out why he did not stay in Germany.

The physicality (is that even a word?) or MLS is very similar to England's lower divisions. The pace of the game is slower due to the warmer climate.

quote:Originally posted by Dave

Yeah, I'm definitely stoked about Eskandarian. Watched a couple of his goals... the guy is pure skill. Too bad he's not Canadian, but like you said he'll be good both onfield and marketting-wise. And the US is not really one of the teams we need to beat in WCQ, so it's not like we are "helping the enemy."

I think the Canadian national team is gunning for the US and feel they "need" to beat them.

must suck to get traded just before christmas and have no one contact you about it.

almost as bad as when X-Pac got fired from WCW by Eric Bischoff via Fed Ex when he was at home recovering from injury, all as a show of power to keep Scott Hall and Kevin Nash in line.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

almost as bad as when X-Pac got fired from WCW by Eric Bischoff via Fed Ex when he was at home recovering from injury, all as a show of power to keep Scott Hall and Kevin Nash in line.

Awesome. You managed to work in a wrestling analogy onto this board. :D

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

must suck to get traded just before christmas and have no one contact you about it.

Who the hell is X-Pac?

Who the hell is Eric Bischoff?

Who the hell is Scott Hall?

Who the hell is Kevin Nash?

Who the hell is Jim Brennan?

Ooops I know who the last one is. :D

Archived