Will the CSA Please Answer This Question ?

aussoccerfan

quote:Originally posted by Soccerpro

Please dont embarass us Atlantic Canadians. You sound like a 5 year old. Theres no facilites here to have games at that would be fifa approved (Maybe king George), theres no infastructure, crowds are a crapshoot, You cant play games in the Winter here. MNT GAMES: PEI definatly no, NB no, NS no, only maybe NFLD would have a chance. Id love to see a game there, but dont come across as a brat. Were no different than the pararies.

He's actually quite young, 14 or 15 if I remember correctly, that's why I give him a break for starting 1 threads every 6 months in this section.

I think our MNT should play in a game in KGV at some point and see what kind of attendance we get.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Why did you list 5 then????

This reminds me of the time a while back when an American reporter asked the USMNT coach whether he thought it was fair that the US had to play Trinidad and Tobago at one time.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Yeah, Newfoundland is impossible to get to, I can't imagine for opposing fans! And Saint John's isn't the most diverse city, either. Of course, BMO field will have a virtual monopoly of NT games...

Do we have pics of KGV?

a>

ahh I kid, I kid

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

This reminds me of the time a while back when an American reporter asked the USMNT coach whether he thought it was fair that the US had to play Trinidad and Tobago at one time.

hahahaha

So Ed is thinking that Labrador is a province?

quote:Originally posted by Ed

You're talking playing under a bubble on artificial turf. I was responding to the statement by Alex M.: "I'd wager that most of our big grass stadiums are equipped with under soil heating." I don't know of any in Canada that have under soil heating.

Same here Ed. I have never ever heard any discussion regarding under-soil heating in any Canadian stadium.

db

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Ugh. Is it that time of the month already?

I suppose it's been far too long since you last whined about this. Let me ask you, you're obviously referring to the U20 matches scheduled for March in BC, which climate is better for soccer in March? Atlantic Canada or BC?

March Weather in Atlantic Canada is indeed a crap shoot. Our Spring weather seems to be cooler that even Ontario. Fall is a different story. There are still golf courses open this weekend here in Halifax.

Are there ever opportunites in the Fall?

quote:Originally posted by loyola

He's actually quite young, 14 or 15 if I remember correctly, that's why I give him a break for starting 1 threads every 6 months in this section.

I think our MNT should play in a game in KGV at some point and see what kind of attendance we get.

I recently turned 16.

Ahhhhhh, but the Canada Games (UNBSJ) Stadium, in Saint John has hosted before. Also the Moncton (UdeM) Stadium will open in 2009. KGV is open now.

I'll have to agree that weather on "the" coast will only allow for soccer from May 'till October.

Aussoccerfan keep it up! Keep reminding those Upper/Lower/Western Canadians that there's lotsa Canada beyond Montreal. Eff 'Em if they want to ignore "the" coast. It's been done for 140 years, get used to it. [}:)]

The "PIPE" dream of Bee Moe Field will leave us on "the" coast outta the loop for years. But yeeeeeeeh, there's a stadium in Toronto. That's all Canada needs [B)]

It comes back to the ol' "If you don't live here. You don't get it!"

And they don't live here!

Archived