Toronto FC - Home Opener April 28th

Raven

Guest Jeffery S.

Funny how after so much debate and ambivalence and doubts, here I am thinking how much I want TO to kick KC's butt. So go FCTO!

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Will the park be done? Why not have the grand opening on this date too?

They had originally planned for the grand opener to take place on May 12, but the stadium is far ahead of schedule that they can get a crap team (KC) for the real home opener, sell it out, then have the original Grand Opening extravaganza has planned and sell that out, too.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Funny how after so much debate and ambivalence and doubts, here I am thinking how much I want TO to kick KC's butt. So go FCTO!

I was also ambivalent about MLS coming to Canada but I have to say that I am impressed with how MLSE and Mo Johnston are running the team. First class all the way. I look forward to seeing how much media coverage they will get during training camp. If what we have seen so far is any indication, I think we will hear and see a lot of them.

This is what I always found to be the most lacking with the Impact during training camp. A couple of press releases and a bit of news here and there with a couple of half-hearted exhibition games against university teams but nothing like an NHL training camp with its constant news and multiple pre-season games.

In any case, I look forward to the beginning of February and the start of training camp and eventually the home opener.

Archived