Wyn Belotte With Haiti?

MM2

He was very talented, a bright prospect who was the best player during the 2001 U17 WCQ tournament in St-Louis, he even got a call for Canada U20 that year and played during the U20 WC in Argentina and did well.

But after that everything went wrong for him, he signed a contract in Sweeden where he clashed with the coaching staff and find himself on the Canada bench during the U20 WC in UAE in 2003. I think he was in Poland in 2004, got cut from Montreal Impact in 2005 and played with the Lynx (Toronto).

I would surprise if he was good enough for TFC.

Sadly he had talent but a very poor attitude.

From what i know about wyn bellote is not that he has a poor attitude, but its more or less he is out of shape and too busy with his segnifigant other to be worried about soccer.

When he played for the lynx you could totally tell that the kid had the most talent on the field, but he just had a gut and after the game he was just talking on his phone over and over again...

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

From what i know about wyn bellote is not that he has a poor attitude, but its more or less he is out of shape and too busy with his segnifigant other to be worried about soccer.

When he played for the lynx you could totally tell that the kid had the most talent on the field, but he just had a gut and after the game he was just talking on his phone over and over again...

Is that not a poor attitude to have for a soccer player, though? Nobody is claiming he is an asshole, just that he didn't have the proper attitude to take advantage of his talents.

Christ, I remember an interview with Tony Nocita (former MNT and Winnipeg Fury player) and

he specifically singled out Wyn Belotte as the most promising player in a national tournament

(while playing for Quebec). "Dominant" was the word, he was only 16 at the time.

I personally think it was downhill for him after he failed to score against Germany on a

breakwaway in 2001 U20 (Argentina). After that, couldm't stick with a Swedish team and Wisla

Krakow. Man, I hope he figures it out.

He was a standout at the Nantes youth academy, a club recognised for its rigid but effective youth system, as well as the national teams at 17. Then he decided he wanted first-team football and bolted to Norkopping in the Swedish Premier where he couldn't play until turning 18 (if you add the 2002 WC break, it was longer).

He was loaned out to Angelholms in the Swedish second tier, where he didn't get to play. Both teams got relegated from their respective divisions. He then signed a contract with Wisla Krakow's reserves/youths, where he was considered lazy and overweight by the coaches and fans.

He returned to Canada and played in the QCSL World Cup (indoor) competition in Montreal. He tried out for the Impact, but his work ethic was again lacking and he spent time on the field looking at his girlfriend in the stands. He was signed by the Lynx for 2005 and scored a couple of goals for them, but as Sean Keay has pointed out, his attitude was still unfit for a pro. That's about the last info we have.

quote:Originally posted by buffon

in fact canada has a problem dealing with talent. nobody's there to give advice and you can't blame a 16 years old for making mistakes but you need experienced people around. otherwise half the top players wouldn't be there.

In his case, he was in one of the top youth structures in France, surrounded by qualified professionals. His choices were his own and it's been repeatedly proven that his attitude is lacking.

quote:Originally posted by buffon

in fact canada has a problem dealing with talent. nobody's there to give advice and you can't blame a 16 years old for making mistakes but you need experienced people around. otherwise half the top players wouldn't be there.

This post can be summarized by two letters: BS! If you have talent and opportunity yet still fail than that is your fault and not the fault of anyone else.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

He was a standout at the Nantes youth academy, a club recognised for its rigid but effective youth system, as well as the national teams at 17. Then he decided he wanted first-team football and bolted to Norkopping in the Swedish Premier where he couldn't play until turning 18 (if you add the 2002 WC break, it was longer).

He was loaned out to Angelholms in the Swedish second tier, where he didn't get to play. Both teams got relegated from their respective divisions. He then signed a contract with Wisla Krakow's reserves/youths, where he was considered lazy and overweight by the coaches and fans.

He returned to Canada and played in the QCSL World Cup (indoor) competition in Montreal. He tried out for the Impact, but his work ethic was again lacking and he spent time on the field looking at his girlfriend in the stands. He was signed by the Lynx for 2005 and scored a couple of goals for them, but as Sean Keay has pointed out, his attitude was still unfit for a pro. That's about the last info we have.

Good summary. He was at one of the best youth academies in France, and if he'd stayed put and stayed patient he would have been on track to be playing for a 1st division French club. I think his father had a bit of responsibility in his impatience.

I heard he reported to the qualifiers at Charleston out of shape, and that was the beginning of his end. He was still good there, but others like Hume were beginning to show more dedication and work ethic. A rather disappointing case for Canada.

Wyn was a very lazy guy and was worried with way too many outside things than the game itself. When he played for the Lynx in 05 all he wanted to do was start a website about himself that would, get this;

charge $10US per member of the Wyn fanclub

members would get a free t shirt and get to talk to him.

The guy had a ton of talent but his focus was on making money and ugly women he would pick up and bring to the Lynx post game parties. Another example for the future kids not to follow. 1 question I certainly have though, is how old is Wyn really? There is a lot of discussion about reduced ages from nations and Haiti is certainly a country in which that could happen. Imagine if any CDN player was charged with falsifying birth certificate info? WOW

quote:Originally posted by insidesoccer

Wyn was a very lazy guy and was worried with way too many outside things than the game itself. When he played for the Lynx in 05 all he wanted to do was start a website about himself that would, get this;

charge $10US per member of the Wyn fanclub

members would get a free t shirt and get to talk to him.

The guy had a ton of talent but his focus was on making money and ugly women he would pick up and bring to the Lynx post game parties. Another example for the future kids not to follow. 1 question I certainly have though, is how old is Wyn really? There is a lot of discussion about reduced ages from nations and Haiti is certainly a country in which that could happen. Imagine if any CDN player was charged with falsifying birth certificate info? WOW

How old is he? great comment. Do you know a player whith reduced age?

I've heard of many guys in Africa and South America do it to support their families but in Canada? Not yet. I don't see it happening either unless it is a player that was from another country with less than ethical paperwork practices.

There is still the debate about Freddy Adu and his age from Ghana so it doesn't escape our neighbours to the south. Some food to chew on.

Archived