Vancouver Voyageur Without Gol TV

I am guessing there will probably be some place on Commercial that will show it. No idea where though. The crappy thing is I have tonnes of classes on wednesday :( (Plus a lab), so I won't be around.

Re: GolTV. I have 'normal' rogers cable ie channels 2-28. is it still only $3 a month to "add" GolTV? also is it worth it? Is it a good channel that shows lots of live games??

you have to rent the digital box which comes to around $6 per month, so the total would be around $9. I'm in the same position as you, and I will pay the $9 and then cancel next month. I figure seeing the game live is worth the cost of a couple of drinks...

I would love to get together to watch the game somewhere.

However, where is the question. I was trying to find a place to watch Real vs Barca on Gol TV a couple of weeks ago. Gol TV has been picked up by Bell Express Vu so I went to a few pubs that had Bell but it wasn't on. So I had to go to Commercial and Cafe Abruzzo has DirecTV. But if we were to go to commercial this time, I'm sure they would be showing Italy or Portugal or some other European country.

Guest speedmonk42

I am in for watching the game. Lets just figure out where I guess.

I don't really care who I get my TV/Internet from.

I will call Shaw and tell them I am cancelling and moving to ADSL and later Sat because they "have no plans..."

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Waiting on the word from Boston Pizza on B'Way between Birch and Hemlock. They have Bellexpressvu so hopefully they'll be able to get it.

Just a word of caution. You have to make sure they have some special connection in order for them to receive Gol TV (don't ask me what it is called). I just remember scrambling to a couple of places the day of the Real-Barca match. Even though they had Expressvu, they didn't get Gol TV even though it was still during the free preview stage.

But of they do get it, let me know and I'll be there.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Waiting on the word from Boston Pizza on B'Way between Birch and Hemlock. They have Bellexpressvu so hopefully they'll be able to get it.

Just a word of caution. You have to make sure they have some special connection in order for them to receive Gol TV (don't ask me what it is called). I just remember scrambling to a couple of places the day of the Real-Barca match. Even though they had Expressvu, they didn't get Gol TV even though it was still during the free preview stage.

But of they do get it, let me know and I'll be there.

I know it is kind of short notice, but I just spoke with the people at Pemberton Station Pub in North Vancouver and they will put the game on for me. I'm going there right now if any Vancouver Voyagers want to join me.

135 Pemberton Ave

North Vancouver

British Columbia V7P 2R3

Phone: 604-984-3558

Archived