Diplacido to the FC?

Forza_Italia

This is the second thread you have started about Diplacido. In the first one you stated he was good enough for the national team which several posters answered by saying he is not good enough for the Impact so now you start one saying TFC should sign him???? Are you related to him, do you just like him because he is Italian or is their some other ground upon which your delusions are based?

This is the second thread you have started about Diplacido. In the first one you stated he was good enough for the national team which several posters answered by saying he is not good enough for the Impact so now you start one saying TFC should sign him???? Are you related to him, do you just like him because he is Italian or is their some other ground upon which your delusions are based?

quote:Originally posted by Forza_Italia

I think the TFC should pick up Dave Diplacido from the Lynx. He is a creative midfielder with lots of talent. I would Even consider picking up Adrian Cann from the White Caps as well.

It will be difficult for him because of his age IMO. There are 11 full roster spots likely to be open for Canadians plus most of the 10 additional development roster spots. Suspect that most of the older 23 years old and over domestic content will tend to be players with some level of CMNT involvement and that it is the younger Lynx players that will have the best shot at catching on especially at the development roster level.

I think the TFC should pick up Dave Diplacido from the Lynx. He is a creative midfielder with lots of talent. I would Even consider picking up Adrian Cann from the White Caps as well.

It will be difficult for him because of his age IMO. There are 11 full roster spots likely to be open for Canadians plus most of the 10 additional development roster spots. Suspect that most of the older 23 years old and over domestic content will tend to be players with some level of CMNT involvement and that it is the younger Lynx players that will have the best shot at catching on especially at the development roster level.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

First of all YOu dont know me and dont bring Race into this arguement we all know you are jealous of Italians by your previous reacists posts. I knwo him very well, And is the all time leader in Lynx points games played. He aslo played in the U17 World cup so these arent delusions these are facts.

Racist? You really need to refer to the dictionary, Forza. Your personal connections are getting the better of you.

Your facts do little to prove why he should now be a part of this team. U17? Whoop-tee-doo. How old is he now? And he's still with the Lynx, which shouldn't be an automatic qualifier for future TFC players.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Racist? You really need to refer to the dictionary, Forza. Your personal connections are getting the better of you.

Your facts do little to prove why he should now be a part of this team. U17? Whoop-tee-doo. How old is he now? And he's still with the Lynx, which shouldn't be an automatic qualifier for future TFC players.

He is not with anyone as the Lynx folded. And I didnt say he was an automatic qualifier I think he would be a good prospect for the team. Where in any post did I say because he was Italian that I would want him to make the team?? so why would Grizzly say that? Ask Jim Brennan himself who Knows Dave and myself if Dave is good enough to make the team

Forza. Stop and breathe deeply.

His name is DiPlacido. Not a stretch to presume he's Italian. Your name is Forza Italia. Not a stretch to assume either you're Italian, or you support Italy in some way.

Grizzly put two and two together, and made a safe assumption based on your arguement. In no way was that racist.

And Jim thinks he might be good enough? That's nice. Many players think their fellow players are good enough-but if they're not the coach it's (usually) not up to them, or they say nice things about their friends to help them get jobs. It happens in all workplaces.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Forza. Stop and breathe deeply.

His name is DiPlacido. Not a stretch to presume he's Italian. Your name is Forza Italia. Not a stretch to assume either you're Italian, or you support Italy in some way.

Grizzly put two and two together, and made a safe assumption based on your arguement. In no way was that racist.

And Jim thinks he might be good enough? That's nice. Many players think their fellow players are good enough-but if they're not the coach it's (usually) not up to them, or they say nice things about their friends to help them get jobs. It happens in all workplaces.

SO what about Adrian Cann??? he's not Italian so maybe his assumption was to piss me off or throw some dig in. I can understand if I said Diplacido should play for the FC cus he's Italian, and then he respond with that Remark. If he wants to question my opinion, which believe it or not, people are allowed to have, why would he just where are your facts to support this? And if we are going on Opinion basis Jim's opinion is more valid than your , mine, and Mr Grizzly, seeing how in sports players have some pull with coaches

It seems a certain group of Italian-Canadians on this board (and thankfully it is not all the Italian-Canadians here) have a weird persecution complex and accuse anyone who opposes their view of being racist. LMS summed up the situation perfectly. You are an Italian supporter proposing that a marginal Italian-Canadian player who is a borderline USL player be signed to TFC and called up to the national team. This is the second thread you have made about him. In the first several Impact fans told you how poor he played for the Impact and that he wasn't of the level required to play with the Impact let alone for TFC or the national team. Yet you persist and start another thread about him. Considering no one else on the board thinks very much of DiPlacido as a player it seems pretty logical to assume you have some other motivation, ie. you know him or like him because he is Italian. If you want to propose Italian-Canadian players who deserve to play for TFC and the NT that is fine and I think it would be good for TFC to sign such a player. I myself who am apparently an anti-Italian racist proposed in another thread that Sandro Grande would be a good signing and possibly available now that Molde is relegated. Proposing a 29 year old mediocre player and continually starting threads about him is not serious commentary.

As a 100% canadian I feel like you have a negative bias toward Italy NT, not italians in general, that's amaphcer.

BTW Grizzly, it would be nice to have your opinion on the video I posted in the ref's thread showing Neil tripping Grosso with his left hand since you've claimed for a long time that wasn't a PK.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

As a 100% canadian I feel like you have a negative bias toward Italy NT, not italians in general, that's amaphcer.

BTW Grizzly, it would be nice to have your opinion on the video I posted in the ref's thread showing Neil tripping Grosso with his left hand since you've claimed for a long time that wasn't a PK.

Not sure if the first sentence is directed towards me or amacpher. I think your video shows even more clearly that the contact is very minimal whether from the hand or any other part of the body. There is minimal contact but not enough to cause Grosso to fall if he doesn't want to fall. First of all Neill misses not only the ball with his tackle but misses the player as well. It is not a crime to lie on the field, if someone trips over you that is their own fault. Neill does not take Grosso's legs out at all. Grosso could have either gone around Neill or jumped over him but he was looking for the penalty so he tripped over him. It is similar to the handball rule, hand to ball not ball to hand. In this case it is Grosso to Neill not the other way around which would have been a penalty. Neill makes a missed tackle and then Grosso chooses to trip over him to draw a penalty. Further proof of this is that Grosso dribbles the ball to the right to go around Neill which was his initial reaction. He then decides against this in favour of tripping over Neill to draw a penalty. Any decent soccer player will follow the ball when he dribbles it in one direction. Why does Grosso let the ball go where it may and go in a different direction which allows him to trip over Neill? The video shows clearly Grosso has no intent to play the ball after he moves it to the right.

Maybe you should watch him play before opening your mouth. Ask anyone REAL soccer player who actually plays the game and they will tell you he has the skill to make the team.

I think the slection process for Team Canada andwho runs teh organization(wasnt he just fired??) is teh reason why Canada has never made the World cup since 1986 and ONLY 1986... see my point?

this country has 30-35 million people and still we can't qualify there are no excuses.

How about Johnny Pino? He fits your criteria....has skill and is Italian.

There's tons of talented guys out there. Just 'cause you think the sun shines out of their (you know where) doesn't mean Canada is missing out on the next Maradona. If Diplacido was as good as you seem to think, why didn't he try his luck in Italy?

Archived