Diplacido to the FC?

Forza_Italia

quote:Originally posted by River City

How about Johnny Pino? He fits your criteria....has skill and is Italian.

There's tons of talented guys out there. Just 'cause you think the sun shines out of their (you know where) doesn't mean Canada is missing out on the next Maradona. If Diplacido was as good as you seem to think, why didn't he try his luck in Italy?

Maybe you should learn how to read and stop making stupid comments. Did I say he was the best or a good prospect? I am allowed to have my opinion whether he is Italian or not and I also mentioned Adrian Cann. Dont get jealous because you can't play! I know it must suck having your oilers lose in the final! Where in my thread did I saw Diplacido was the best because he is Italian? stop making your racist accusations when you dont know anything.

quote:Originally posted by Forza_Italia

I think the slection process for Team Canada andwho runs teh organization(wasnt he just fired??) is teh reason why Canada has never made the World cup since 1986 and ONLY 1986... see my point?

this country has 30-35 million people and still we can't qualify there are no excuses.

So if we picked a few more guys like DiPlacido we would have qualified for the WC? I agree the selection process was bad in the last WC but one of the reasons it was bad was our coach chose mediocre USL players instead of more skilled players. Choosing more mediocre USL players like DiPlacido would have made us play worse not better. Plus there are many Canadian USL players who are not national team quality but are still superior to DiPlacido and would still deserve to be picked before him. By the way, Kevin Pipe, for all his failings was never in charge of selecting the team, this was done by the coach.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

So if we picked a few more guys like DiPlacido we would have qualified for the WC? I agree the selection process was bad in the last WC but one of the reasons it was bad was our coach chose mediocre USL players instead of more skilled players. Choosing more mediocre USL players like DiPlacido would have made us play worse not better. Plus there are many Canadian USL players who are not national team quality but are still superior to DiPlacido and would still deserve to be picked before him. By the way, Kevin Pipe, for all his failings was never in charge of selecting the team, this was done by the coach.

Well for a mediocre player liek Dave why is he one of the highest paid player on the lynx? have you ever even seen him play before? name me some players who (in his position) are better since according to you their must be a whole bunch. WOULD You even be responding to this thread if his name was TIMMY thompson or BOBBY Robinson? because his name ends in a vowel you feel its your chance to bring him down because of his Italian heritage. what is your hatred for Italians have to do with my opinion of a great player being a good prospect for the team. Get over it Italy won the world cup I know it stings.

Nick Desantis, coach for the Impact, 10+ years of USL and international experience, PLUS he's Italian, played him a lot after getting him in 2005. He came to the conclusion that DDP didn't belong on the Impact, a team which includes Leduc, Ribeiro, Mert and other domestic midfielders.

Being the highest paid on the Lynx is like being the top scorer in house league. It doesn't mean squat.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Nick Desantis, coach for the Impact, 10+ years of USL and international experience, PLUS he's Italian, played him a lot after getting him in 2005. He came to the conclusion that DDP didn't belong on the Impact, a team which includes Leduc, Ribeiro, Mert and other domestic midfielders.

Being the highest paid on the Lynx is like being the top scorer in house league. It doesn't mean squat.

Shows how much you know THEY WANT DAVE BACK! the reason he didnt want to stay was tehy offered him a 2 year contract and he only wanted 1 year.

nice try though

Yes I have seen him play both with the Lynx when they visited and with the Impact when he was here, a year in which I attended a lot of Impact games. To echo what Daniel says, I think pretty much every midfield starter for the Impact is superior to DiPlacido. The rest of your post is just idiotic, unfounded accusations but I would indeed respond to a similar post to yours if the player was of another ethnicity as I have done in the past. I was against Leduc playing for the national team and made several posts to that effect and even now think that Gervais is getting too much time with the national team for someone who I see as injury cover at best. Yet even though playing a different position (and one that Canada is weaker at than midfield), Gervais is a far superior player to either DiPlacido or Leduc. I still do not think Gervais is national team quality but he may be good enough for TFC. So I guess by your illogical reasoning this makes me anti-French but the real reason is Leduc just is not a good enough player just like DiPlacido is not a good enough player. Yet I don't see the French posters here posting that Leduc should be signed with TFC and recalled to the national team. They are posting that Bernier and Hainault are national team and TFC quality which is something I agree with. If you were suggesting Grande should be signed with TFC and called to the national team I wouldn't have a problem with that either. Unlike you I am not judging players by their ethnicity. If I were I would be proposing that every mediocre Scottish-Canadian be called to the national team. I am not even comfortable with Kevin McKenna being our starting centre back. The reason I am responding to your posts and noone else's on the subject is because you are the only one proposing that completely inadequate players be chosen for TFC or the national team. Rudi for example wrote an article that proposed a number of players deserving to play for TFC while from you we get ridiculous suggestions about one player who isn't even close to being in the picture for either organization. Don't you notice that neither the Lynx fans here or the other Italian soccer fans are supporting your opinion that this guy is TFC/national team material?

Maybe you should learn how to read and stop making stupid comments. Did I say he was the best or a good prospect? I am allowed to have my opinion whether he is Italian or not and I also mentioned Adrian Cann. Dont get jealous because you can't play! I know it must suck having your oilers lose in the final! Where in my thread did I saw Diplacido was the best because he is Italian? stop making your racist accusations when you dont know anything.

Since I'm still learning to read, you'll have to pardon my ignorance in not recognizing your superior soccer skill and obvious intellect. But...

It's morons like you that give immigrants like me a bad name when you resort to accusations of racism everytime someone disagrees with you.

And where did the whole Oilers thing come from?

By the way, Rudi's article of 9 players he would like to see with TFC includes an Italian-Canadian who is of the quality required by TFC, Marco Reda. I am all for both Reda and Grande signing with TFC, not because they are Italian but because they are good soccer players. I am against DiPlacido being signed not because he is Italian but because he is not a good enough soccer player nor young enough to be a good prospect.

By the way, Rudi's article of 9 players he would like to see with TFC includes an Italian-Canadian who is of the quality required by TFC, Marco Reda. I am all for both Reda and Grande signing with TFC, not because they are Italian but because they are good soccer players. I am against DiPlacido being signed not because he is Italian but because he is not a good enough soccer player nor young enough to be a good prospect.

THEN WHY DIDNT YOU JUST SAY THAT? why did you say is it because he's Italian you think he is good enough, why make that accusation? As for River city.. you give yourself a bad name with comments liek joe peppino or whatever stupid name you used. Keep it soccer!! Dave being Italian has nothing to do with WHY I THINK he is a good prospect. Jim Brennan also agree's, but then again who is Jim Brennan right

Who are yo talking too?

Since Blizzard was the only person who responded in this thread with some decent content, to answer his question, Adrian is 26, 6'3 and solid in the back. I think He shouldn't have been dropped from the Colorado Rapids. He was an all american in louisville and I still think he has a lot to offer and HE IS NOT ITALIAN!!! before anyone attacks me with this Italian bias. 3 people in this thread all made the same accusation.

As for River city.. you give yourself a bad name with comments liek joe peppino or whatever stupid name you used. Keep it soccer!! Dave being Italian has nothing to do with WHY I THINK he is a good prospect. Jim Brennan also agree's, but then again who is Jim Brennan right

Joe Peppino? Johnny Pino was one of the most skilled soccer players developed in Edmonton. Played for the Drillers and was one of the AMSL's best players for a long time.

Of course you wouldn't know that because you're so full of piss and vinegar that you take everything someone says as offensive to you. There's a lot of guys on this board with a lot more knowledge and experience than you, and I would suggest you tone down the agressiveness a wee tad.

The point is there's tons of skilled players out there and while David might be among the top 100, his playing for the Lynx doesn't entitle him to jack squat. He's what? 29? If he hasn't proved himself by now with a bigger team than the Lynx, he's done. Give it up. There's younger talent out there.

Who are yo talking too?

Since Blizzard was the only person who responded in this thread with some decent content, to answer his question, Adrian is 26, 6'3 and solid in the back. I think He shouldn't have been dropped from the Colorado Rapids. He was an all american in louisville and I still think he has a lot to offer and HE IS NOT ITALIAN!!! before anyone attacks me with this Italian bias. 3 people in this thread all made the same accusation.

Thats like me saying The canadian soccer association is ruined because it is run by Scottish and English people. Now that is not a very nice statement to make. Its an accusation and thats the same thing you all did in this thread. People can Have opinions, mine is that Dave is good enough and Grizzly thinks otherwise. If he gave his opinion properly in the first place maybe it wouldnt have pissed me off so much. but peoples true feelings come out.

Joe Peppino? Johnny Pino was one of the most skilled soccer players developed in Edmonton. Played for the Drillers and was one of the AMSL's best players for a long time.

Of course you wouldn't know that because you're so full of piss and vinegar that you take everything someone says as offensive to you. There's a lot of guys on this board with a lot more knowledge and experience than you, and I would suggest you tone down the agressiveness a wee tad.

The point is there's tons of skilled players out there and while David might be among the top 100, his playing for the Lynx doesn't entitle him to jack squat. He's what? 29? If he hasn't proved himself by now with a bigger team than the Lynx, he's done. Give it up. There's younger talent out there.

Did he make the national team, obviously he wasnt that good If I never heard of him. If he is a good player local to where you live thats fine but I dont live in edmonton. so whats your point? I know enough about soccer and played with players like julian de Guzman , Adrian Cann,

Cann played his college ball for the University of Louisville Cardinals where he was the first-ever Cardinal to be named to the All-Conference first team for four consecutive seasons. In addition, Cann was recognized as Conference USA Co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2002 and 2003 and was named to the Conference USA All-Decade Team. As a top prospect, he was invited to the MLS combine and was later drafted 16th overall by Colorado in the 2004 Major League Soccer SuperDraft

I think his confidence might be lacking but he is also a very good player, just turned 26

It's going to be tough for both players IMO. It was announced today that TFC can sign 4 senior internationals, 5 youth internationals (only 3 from 2009 onwards) and 3 US domestic eligible players so at least initially most of the Canadian content is likely to be on the development roster which will probably mainly be younger players from the GTA. 10 players are going to be added to the roster based on the expansion draft on Nov 10th (probably predominantly American and overseas) and Mo Johnston has talked of being interested in signing 5 or 6 CMNT players which could basically be the balance of the 18 man roster right now.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20061103&content_id=77753&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Did he make the national team, obviously he wasnt that good If I never heard of him. If he is a good player local to where you live thats fine but I dont live in edmonton. so whats your point? I know enough about soccer and played with players like julian de Guzman , Adrian Cann,

Did DiPlacido make the national team? Obviously he's not that good either. The point is DiPlacido is like a lot of other players in Canada most of which you'll never hear of. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for you having played with de Guzman and Cann...good for you. I hope you are still playing and encouraging other young players to continue playing and developing themselves.

Did DiPlacido make the national team? Obviously he's not that good either. The point is DiPlacido is like a lot of other players in Canada most of which you'll never hear of. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for you having played with de Guzman and Cann...good for you. I hope you are still playing and encouraging other young players to continue playing and developing themselves.

Look I am sorry if I came across strong, Dave is a very close friend of mine who I feel is talented. Cann I played with and always felt he would make it far. I just wanted to post something GOOD (backed with facts) that I felt would be sufficient for a post. I play but nothing of meaning as I WAS never good enough to make it but I support my friends who I feel have talent.

Thanks Blizzard for the updates, Dave knows at his Age its going to be tough but its worth a try. Every player has that right to give it their best shot! I just feel this thread was more focused on his culture then anything else, thats what upset me.

Look I am sorry if I came across strong, Dave is a very close friend of mine who I feel is talented. Cann I played with and always felt he would make it far. I just wanted to post something GOOD (backed with facts) that I felt would be sufficient for a post. I play but nothing of meaning as I WAS never good enough to make it but I support my friends who I feel have talent.

Thanks Blizzard for the updates, Dave knows at his Age its going to be tough but its worth a try. Every player has that right to give it their best shot! I just feel this thread was more focused on his culture then anything else, thats what upset me.

This is where the problems with the thread started: Dave is a very close friend of mine. It is common courtesy to inform other posters if you are making posts about someone with whom you have a relationship. Lars Hirshfeld's cousin has done this (and no it is not cuddles whose relationship with Lars is unknown and in all probability is just a nut case). Don't you think it is somewhat unethical to be making posts promoting friends while pretending to be a neutral observer?

You already posted one thread promoting him for the national team which did not meet with much positive response. When a poster does this and then follows up shortly with another similar thread, ie. DiPlacido to TFC then this is usually a sign of something fishy. That is why I posted the following questioning your motives:

quote:This is the second thread you have started about Diplacido. In the first one you stated he was good enough for the national team which several posters answered by saying he is not good enough for the Impact so now you start one saying TFC should sign him???? Are you related to him, do you just like him because he is Italian or is their some other ground upon which your delusions are based?

Note that I listed several possible motives only one of which was because he was Italian. The proper way to answer what turns out to have been a valid question (and I'll admit I could have been a bit more diplomatic) is that I don't like him because he is Italian but because he is my friend instead of crazily accusing me of racism. That would have spared a lot of the arguing that followed.

There is no problem about posting about a friend as long as you are honest about him being your friend. One thread is sufficient though, a single thread is informative, multiple threads is spam advertising (and useless spam advertising at that. The CSA/TFC probably do read some of the posts here but I doubt anything posted here has much effect on their personnel decisions). Noone here has anything against DiPlacido but it doesn't seem that any of the posters who are not his friend have as high opinion of his talent as you do. I think most posters would agree it is too bad he lost his job and would like to see him sign with another USL team (though not necessarily the Impact). He is also now free to sign with an American USL team as Canadians no longer count as foreigners. It is not very often that someone dramatically improves at 29 but if he turns out to be the exception and proves us wrong then more power to him.

This is where the problems with the thread started: Dave is a very close friend of mine. It is common courtesy to inform other posters if you are making posts about someone with whom you have a relationship. Lars Hirshfeld's cousin has done this (and no it is not cuddles whose relationship with Lars is unknown and in all probability is just a nut case). Don't you think it is somewhat unethical to be making posts promoting friends while pretending to be a neutral observer?

You already posted one thread promoting him for the national team which did not meet with much positive response. When a poster does this and then follows up shortly with another similar thread, ie. DiPlacido to TFC then this is usually a sign of something fishy. That is why I posted the following questioning your motives:

Note that I listed several possible motives only one of which was because he was Italian. The proper way to answer what turns out to have been a valid question (and I'll admit I could have been a bit more diplomatic) is that I don't like him because he is Italian but because he is my friend instead of crazily accusing me of racism. That would have spared a lot of the arguing that followed.

There is no problem about posting about a friend as long as you are honest about him being your friend. One thread is sufficient though, a single thread is informative, multiple threads is spam advertising (and useless spam advertising at that. The CSA/TFC probably do read some of the posts here but I doubt anything posted here has much effect on their personnel decisions). Noone here has anything against DiPlacido but it doesn't seem that any of the posters who are not his friend have as high opinion of his talent as you do. I think most posters would agree it is too bad he lost his job and would like to see him sign with another USL team (though not necessarily the Impact). He is also now free to sign with an American USL team as Canadians no longer count as foreigners. It is not very often that someone dramatically improves at 29 but if he turns out to be the exception and proves us wrong then more power to him.

But thats the thing. I have many close friends in soccer that play in the USL. But out of all my friends I think Diplacido (even at 29) has the talent to be the exception to the so called rule. If I was posting about all my friends then I would have at least 10 or 15 names to throw in(Italian and non Italian players). Its just one of those things where I feel a great talented has been missed.

AS for your other topic with Grosso.. From an Italian, I dont think it was a 100% penalty NOR do I think it was a blatant dive, it was more or less he fell over him and the ref game him the penalty, maybe the ref decided to square up for the red card to the matrix I dont know. Its one of those calls that could have gone either way.

Archived