Inter Toronto FC - Toronto MLS clubs' new name?

MM2

This really deserves a new thread.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

it's the anti-league or the closest thing to communism in pro sports. it's no longer, what's good for my club, but what's good for the league.

Absolutely right! But...

quote:There's a reason why KC is **** and LA isn't. Why Salt Lake will never win a cup and why larger markets will have rosters that favour their chances...

Absolutely not! MLS is designed to create parity and allow small market teams to have a chance of winning - too much parity IMHO. In fact, it's model is causing the British soccer press to take a serious look at it because they perceive it as a solution to the UNcompetiveness of the EPL. The unrestrained "free-market" is what creates big city domination not MLS communism.

quote:I'll stick to supporting the USL. Thanks.

Good for you. I'll support whatever (non-ethnic based) CPSL happens to return to Hamilton whenever that happens. I'll also probably have MLS-TO season tickets though because it'll give me a chance to watch the highest level of soccer in the US/Can on a regular basis. Consider it like a Tranmere fan happening to watch Liverpool when schedules don't conflict.

Mike.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

hopefully you didn't provide any real info on yourself. cause right now, someone might have your IP address, service provider, home address, phone numbers, email account.

------------------

Well that info has been given out soooo many times it must be accessible in hundreds of different ways. My email address combo is now very very old.

It is possible, but man if you are going to go to the work of pilfering such information there has to be better places than the 50 or so you might get from this forum.

I can't say I am too concerned.

Although it is unlikely that MLSE will take out credit cards in your name (I think the teachers' pensions are doing ok right now), that webpage is still troubling. There is no reason to demand that much info just to cast a vote. This is a very unprofessional marketing/data mining attempt and it is not necessary in my opinion.

Although fraud is highly unlikely, the lack of a standard privacy statement on the website, or any guarantee, means that those who actually gave real info can expect to receive plenty of spam/junk mail/telemarketer calls from MLSE, its partners, and anyone else they choose to sell the info to. That is why I have not voted yet (it would be for OTHER - probably for City), but I might later using fake info.

Guest speedmonk42

The website, err domain, was registered by a guy named Terry Ham and C3 Marketing. Don't know if they are associated with MLSE or not. It is located in Toronto(the registrant address).

I think we are being paranoid, and even filling out every bit of that info accurately, it is still available in so many other ways and if your email and address combo has been stable for any length of time it's already in .... everything.

quote:Originally posted by KAS

Although it is unlikely that MLSE will take out credit cards in your name (I think the teachers' pensions are doing ok right now), that webpage is still troubling. There is no reason to demand that much info just to cast a vote. This is a very unprofessional marketing/data mining attempt and it is not necessary in my opinion.

Although fraud is highly unlikely, the lack of a standard privacy statement on the website, or any guarantee, means that those who actually gave real info can expect to receive plenty of spam/junk mail/telemarketer calls from MLSE, its partners, and anyone else they choose to sell the info to. That is why I have not voted yet (it would be for OTHER - probably for City), but I might later using fake info.

This is actually quite amusing.

One of the legit criticisms of MLSE since they got the franchise and control of the stadium we are building has been the lack of information/marketing/etc.

They make the first step by having a vote and a clear grab at names they can market to and we get all worried that they are going, now, to communicate with us!!!

I voted (For Inter without the FC) and gave them my information and say "bring it on, tell me all, sell me tickets, jerseys and fan club memberships....just tell me something!".

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

The website, err domain, was registered by a guy named Terry Ham and C3 Marketing. Don't know if they are associated with MLSE or not. It is located in Toronto(the registrant address).

I think we are being paranoid, and even filling out every bit of that info accurately, it is still available in so many other ways and if your email and address combo has been stable for any length of time it's already in .... everything.

Terry Ham? C3 Marketing?

Why isn't this registered in MLSE's name?

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

Terry Ham? C3 Marketing?

Why isn't this registered in MLSE's name?

Hmmm, perhaps it's because they're an online marketing company with experience in professional sports, including the NFL?

I mean, God forbid you should do some research on the company when there's trolling to be done.

Guest speedmonk42

My apologies to the fellow for posting his name and such. It is however public record and freely available on the Network Solutions site.

I did intend it as a means of support, and not conviction of something guilty.

If someone knows more information please share it.

Lets get this damn team started, and like the other guy said, send all the info you want on MLS.

I have changed my mind though, I am now a Toronto City fan.

Archived