Inter Toronto FC - Toronto MLS clubs' new name?

MM2

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

USL attendance 2006

1 Montreal Impact 156,458/11,176

4 Vancouver Whitecaps 71,202/5,086

10 Toronto Lynx 34,552/2,468

Just the facts...and we'll see how well Montreal does with the MNT's exibition game in september. I'm betting on a sell-out.

So somehow USL attendance = international soccer success?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto Northmen too original?

Not from what I remember. There was a Toronto Northmen World Football franchise started by one of the Bassett's back in the 1970s that never got to play here because of its threat to the CFL so Bassett took the franchise to Memphis Tennessee as the Southmen. The whole league didn't last long. Different rules like the offensive linemen wore different coloured pants than the offensive backs so fans could tell them apart.

So many football leagues since then that they blur together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memphis_Southmen

http://www.chriscreamer.com/team.php?t=1298

hey MLSE could use Carlton the Bear and keep the logo.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

So somehow USL attendance = international soccer success?

the point being if you can't support the local pro team, how are you going to beat out places like Madrid or Oldham for the title of "international soccer city of the planet"

the point being if you can't support the local pro team, how are you going to beat out places like Madrid or Oldham for the title of "international soccer city of the planet"

Who called Toronto that, other than you?

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Who called Toronto that, other than you?

ummm speedmonk42.

anyway...so so defensive.

Inter-Toronto Sucks

TorontoSpor Rules

Brings up the point..why is that women who wear Tie Domi shirts usually look like Tie Domi...and generally win more fights?

Guest speedmonk42

---------------------------

It is more complex than that. We don't really have the infrastrcuture to answer these questions yet. In TO we soon will.

It is more complex in that I am talking about International games, like T&T playing Greece or something like that. My point is that alot of the smaller teams can still get some attendance because of the strong ethnic groups that exist in the city and surrounding cities. It doesn't mean they will support the Lynx, but they might come out to a unique game, and subsequently start supporting a/the local pro team.

It is I think the biggest case for a domestic B team to play some kind of regular event.

Now we have the infrastructure coming, now many of the things we have always been asking for can actually start to happen.

That's like saying Toronto can't support an NBA team because they didn't support the CBA's Tornados back in the 80's

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Their attendance is is 17th in a 30 team league despite having one of the worst teams in the league. If anything yours stats prove that Toronto can support professional teams.

Their not when you only have an 85% capacity of their arena. A city like Toronto should have attendance to that of the big boys if they want to claim they support the NBA.

No to mention being the worst road draw in the NBA.

85% capacity is fairly decent in any professional sport especially with a poor team like the Raptors are. If the MLS club gets 85% capacity attendance they will be pretty happy. They are the worst road draw because they are a crappy team without a lot of strong rivalries with other teams and no stars to attract fans. The fact that their road attendance has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand certainly doesn't stop you from mentioning it though.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

85% capacity is fairly decent in any professional sport especially with a poor team like the Raptors are. If the MLS club gets 85% capacity attendance they will be pretty happy. They are the worst road draw because they are a crappy team without a lot of strong rivalries with other teams and no stars to attract fans. The fact that their road attendance has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand certainly doesn't stop you from mentioning it though.

Sad to see you cn't read between the lines.

85% capacity is piss poor for a city claiming to support the NBA.

Stop denying it.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

85% capacity is piss poor for a city claiming to support the NBA.

Stop denying it.

They're still ahead of 13 other NBA teams, all (except Memphis) with longer stand NBA traditions and most with much better teams.

If 85% is "piss poor", then MLB must be the worst run league in the world: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?sort=home_pct&year=2005&seasonType=2

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

I can read between the lines quite well. What I have difficulty accomplishing is drawing illogical conclusions from data that supports the position of my opponents. Luckily for this board you are here to specialize in this form of reasoning.

in spanish Real=Royal. Therefore Royal Madrid, in a country which still had/has its fair share of royalty, makes a hell of a lot of sense, But where the hell is the Royalty in Salt Lake???.. as stated before, the worse rip off i've ever seen. Inter-Toronto ranks second, only because Toronto actually is a cultural jungle.

At first i hated the idea of the format "[City Name] [Mascot Name]" template north american teams usually name themselves, but now after this retarded 'Inter-Toronto' rip off name, i'd rather be called the "Toronto Beavers" or something equally as dumb, but not a rip off.

I can just picture the IDIOTS at MLSE in the board room trying to figure this name out, a bunch of IDIOTS with no knowledge of soccer and no shame of lack of originality.

DEFINETLY

TORONTO FC is the best one by far., I'd even like to bring back TORONTO BLIZZARD, that was a cool name, but since theres global warming we dont have blizzards anymore.

how about these original names for the team that reflect the nature of T.O

-CLUB GTA / GTA CLUB

-TORONTO SMOG

-TORONTO TRAFFIC

-TORONTO JANE'N'FINCHERS

in spanish Real=Royal. Therefore Royal Madrid, in a country which still had/has its fair share of royalty, makes a hell of a lot of sense, But where the hell is the Royalty in Salt Lake???.. as stated before, the worse rip off i've ever seen. Inter-Toronto ranks second, only because Toronto actually is a cultural jungle.

At first i hated the idea of the format "[City Name] [Mascot Name]" template north american teams usually name themselves, but now after this retarded 'Inter-Toronto' rip off name, i'd rather be called the "Toronto Beavers" or something equally as dumb, but not a rip off.

I can just picture the IDIOTS at MLSE in the board room trying to figure this name out, a bunch of IDIOTS with no knowledge of soccer and no shame of lack of originality.

DEFINETLY

TORONTO FC is the best one by far., I'd even like to bring back TORONTO BLIZZARD, that was a cool name, but since theres global warming we dont have blizzards anymore.

how about these original names for the team that reflect the nature of T.O

-CLUB GTA / GTA CLUB

-TORONTO SMOG

-TORONTO TRAFFIC

-TORONTO JANE'N'FINCHERS

Archived