New soccer publication

john tv

Called SOCCER 360,published by Direct Image Media and selling on the stands for $8.95. Apparently it is a top of the line magazine very glossy and with full of great pictures.

The office of Direct Media is in Torornto at 4325 Steeles Ave West.

1-888-961-0040

I have not seen it, I was alerted through an e-mail.

yeah, I was at chapters and it just jumped out at me. Issue 1 has some coverage of MLS TO, and a Paul Stalteri article with some poster like pics, topped of with a full world cup team preview. Not a bad read at all.

Its a good candidate to replace Inside soccer for domestic coverage...

Glad to see this thread I was going to start it. I just picked one up. Haven't had a chance to read any of it, but it looks great.

Full glossy, quality shots. Very Germany 2006 heavy, but it's not exactly the busiest time in the history of Canadian soccer.

A decent roster of writers so far as well. Curious to see how the content is. I don't know if I'm optimistic about it's success (if we're blanching at $9, I can only imagine what a casual fan or someone who would rather shell out for FourFourTwo or WorldSoccer will think) but I wish it well.

cheers,

matthew

What's encouraging about it is that several companies (sponsors/publishers etc) believe in the game enough in this country to put out a publication like this. (Mind you, I think they're smart. If Canadian Soccer was a stock, it would easily have gone up, as it will continue to do in the coming years)

quote:Originally posted by cndsoccer

i heard that your going to be the new mascot for the new mls/tor club.

I could probably fit into the lemming suit. But you heard wrong. I've got a job driving the new monorail around the proposed Saputo Stadium in Montreal, like just like Homer.

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth

Like a genuine,

Bona fide,

Electrified,

Six-car

Monorail!

What'd I say?

Joey Saputo: Monorail!

Lyle Lanley: What's it called?

Patty+Selma: Monorail!

Lyle Lanley: That's right! Monorail!

[crowd chants `Monorail' softly and rhythmically]

Ahh yes, another fine moment for the Voyageurs forum... a post about a new Canadian football magazine becomes a post about ejaculation and mothers. Nice...

To take it back to the matter in hand (pun intended), I congratulate Direct Image Media. I think the mix of world and North American football stories will work much better than a mag devoted exclusively to Canadian content. My only beefs are that as a bi-monthly it will be old news by the time it goes to print and it is a little too earnest. Football mags need a bit of ironic humour to be of any long-term interest... but nothing quite so clever and high-minded as a G-Man/Daniel exchange.

Archived