Soccer Central Today... (Feb 26)

SeanKeay

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Me too.I'm glad they had it at the beginning of the show so I didn't have to sit through all the non Canadian,days old news we normally get.

Shhhh!!! ;);) I am glad they put it up front so that I could be drawn in to watch the rest of the show (please, please sportsnet, don't make me watch most of the show to see the only thing I am really interested - Canadian soccer. I get the rest elsewhere and on a more timely basis).

I was a disappointed Dale did not talk specifically about any of the players and their club teams. I did not expect him to discuss which players were being considered to fill the three places still available, as that would take away from the achievement of those who were there. However, when any CSA official has a chance to "plug" Canadian players to a Canadian audience, they should take advantage.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

I have to admire that Sportsnet actually wants to address domestic news, so I guess beggars can't be choosers. Is it even worth a campaign to get more domestic news on the show? Lets be honest, there are enough channels and programs dedicated to the world game that it wouldn't be necessary to cover the latest in Round 19 of the Scuddetto, no? I would like to see them interview and profile, not only the three A-league sides, but some of the PDL/PCSL/CPSL sides as well.

I think their "Soccura" promos are genius. I love them. I want an anime Craig Forrest poster for my wall.

Archived