Canada 1 -Ecuador 0 U-20- !

beachesl

Still looking for a score, but yahoo has the pictures:

capt.pan10501070253.panama_canada_ecuador_sub_20_soccer_pan105.jpg

Canada's Marcel DeJong (11) and Ecuador's Cristhian Noboa (7) fight for the ball during a friendly game of the Triangular Copa Del Pacifico in Panama City, Panama Thursday, Jan. 6, 2005.

capt.pan10401070239.panama_canada_ecuador_sub_20_soccer_pan104.jpg

Canada's Simon Kasaye (5), Ecuador's Joffre Guerron (9) and Cristhian Noboa (7) fight for the ball during a friendly game of the Triangular Copa Del Pacifico in Panama City, Panama Thursday, Jan. 6, 2005.

Will keep searching for the score.

Lombardo man of match, but Rosenlund scores!

aolmexico

EFE - -3:-55 - 07/01/2005 Volver

1-0: Canadá se reivindicó y venció a Ecuador

Panamá, 6 ene (ACAN-EFE).- La selección Sub'20 de Canadá se despidió hoy con un triunfo de 1-0 sobre su similar de Ecuador del torneo amistoso "Copa del Pacífico".

Las selecciones Sub'20 de Ecuador, Canadá y Panamá se enfrentan en el torneo amistoso celebrado en el Estadio Nacional Rommel Fernández en preparación para las eliminatorias juveniles al Mundial 2007, que se jugará en territorio canadiense.

Los canadienses y ecuatorianos no mostraron todo su potencial en el campo panameño y ofrecieron un encuentro discreto ante una pobre asistencia de público.

El espectáculo estuvo lejos de la cancha, aunque el canadiense Andrea Lombardo fue el motor de su equipo durante todo el cotejo y el gol convertido al minuto 42 por su compañero Tyler Rosenlund hizo la diferencia.

El portero ecuatoriano Danny Cabezas salvó a su equipo de una segunda caía al promediar el segundo tiempo cuando le achicó el arco a Lombardo, quien solo ante el cancerbero no resolvió a su favor.

El árbitro panameño José Angel Rodríguez, de discreta actuación, logró controlar los roces que hubo entre los jugadores, especialmente de parte de los sudamericanos, quienes no lucieron bien ante los canadienses.

El próximo sábado se cierra el torneo con el choque entre Panamá y Ecuador, luego que el pasado martes los anfitriones vencieron a Canadá 2-1. ACAN

ruff translation:

Canada's U-20's said goodbye today with a 1-0 triumph over their Ecuador counterparts in a friendly match at the "Copa del Pacifico".

The U-20's of Ecuador, Canada and Panama are meeting each other in friendlies in the Rommel Fernandez National Stadium in preparation for qualifying tournaments for the World Youth Cup 2007, that will occur in Canada {SIC}.

The Canadians and the Ecuadorians did not at all show all their potential on the Panamanian pitch and offered a unimpressive performance before poor attendance.

It was far from spectacular, although the Canadian Andrea Lombardo was the motor of his team throughout and the goal at 42' by his teamate Tyler Rosenlund made the difference.

The Ecuadorian keeper Danny Cabezas saved his team on the first shot, but then failed to stop on the second occaison when he dropped the high arching shot by Lombardo, simply converted before he could do anything to save it.

The Panamanian referee, Jose Angel Rodriguez, had a discreet performance, and managed to control the pushiness and bad feelings between the players, especially from the South Americans, who did not take well to the Canadians' physical play.

Saturday, the closing match is the encounter between Panama and Ecuador. On Tuesday, the hosts defeated Canada 2-1.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Are we England in disguise? What's with the black shorts?

Yeah!..What`s with the black shorts!!...And why do the "amateur" National teams (U20, U23) always wear the old uniforms?..Does this mean that in 5 years, the youngsters will be wearing the 2005 Men`s National team jersey?

Report from CONCACAF site with line-up:

Canada defeats Ecuador at U-20 triangular

7.1.05 - Canada’s Under-20 team concluded its participation in the Panama’s triangular tournament called “Copa del Pacífico” by defeating Ecuador at the Estadio Rommel Fernández in Ciudad de Panamá on Thursday evening.

After losing 2:1 to Panama (1-0-0, 3 Points) in the tournament’s opener on Tuesday, Canada (1-1-0, 3 Points) rebounded with a 1:0 victory over Ecuador (0-1-0, 0 Points). Tyler Rosenlund scored the game-winner for the maple leafs in the 41st minute-mark.

The “Copa del Pacífico” concludes on Saturday (8 January) when Panama host Ecuador at the Estadio Rommel Fernández in Ciudad de Panamá at 20:00.

All three teams are in preparations for the respective Under-20 Qualifiers this month. Panama will compete with Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago and the USA in Group A of the CONCACAF Final Round Qualification at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California from 12-16 January, while Canada is in Group B at the Estadio Francisco Morazan in San Pedro Sula, Honduras from 26-30 January alongside Jamaica, Mexico and the host.

The top two teams from each CONCACAF Final Round Group will qualify to the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship in Netherlands from 10 June – 2 July.

UNDER-20

Friendlies

06.01.2005: Ciudad de Panamá, PANAMA; Estadio Rommel Fernandez

CANADA – ECUADOR 1:0 (1:0)

Tyler ROSENLUND 41’

CAN: Josh Wagenaar (46: Asmir Begovic) – Nick Ledgerwood, Andrew Hainault, Simon Kasaye, Vince Stewart, Carlo Schiavoni, Tyler Rosenlund, Jamie Peters (86: Ryan Gyaki), Marcel DeJong (75: Riley 0’Neill), Will Johnson (65: Mike D’Agostino), Andrea Lombardo (90: Franco Lalli, 90).

TD: Dale MITCHELL

ECU: Danny Cabezas – Marcos Rodríguez, Colón Grijalva, Gabriel Achiller, Héctor Cortez, Antonio Valencia, Wilson Mariño (75: Pedro Quiñonez), Danny Alvarez (55: Eder Vaca), Luis Bolaños (63: Roberto Ordoñez), Cristian Noboa (69: Efren Mora), Joffre Guerrón (78: Jimmy Arroyo).

TD: José Jacinto VEGA

R: José RODRIGUEZ (PAN)

08.01.2005: Ciudad de Panamá, PANAMA; Estadio Rommel Fernandez (20:00)

PANAMA – ECUADOR

CSA Report

Men's Youth (U-20) Team

Friday, January 07, 2005

Canada Defeats Ecuador 1-0

Canada's Men's Under-20 Team earned a 1-0 win over Ecuador in an international friendly played at Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City, late Thursday.

Tyler Rosenlund scored the game's only goal in the 41st minute. Vince Stewart played a great ball into Rosenlund who took on two players in the box and buried his shot high in the near corner.

"The boys were full value for this win," said Canadian head coach Dale Mitchell. "The only disappointing thing about tonight was that we didn't add to our goal with some of the chances we created. The victory should do our confidence some good heading in qualifying."

The Canadians will train in Ft. Lauderdale for the next four days before taking a one week break. They will return to Florida on January 17 for their final preparation before leaving for Honduras where they will begin CONCACAF Qualifying on January 26.

January 6, 2005 - International Friendly

Canada 1 (1)

Ecuador 0 (0)

Goal: Canada - Tyler Rosenlund (41)

Canada: Josh Wagenaar (Asmir Begovic, 45), Vince Stewart, Nik Ledgerwood, Andrew Hainault, Simon Kassaye, Carlo Schiavoni, Jaime Peters (Ryan Gyaki, 83), Tyler Rosenlund, Andrea Lombardo (Franco Lalli, 88), Will Johnson (Michael D'Agostino), Marcel De Jong (Riley O'Neill). Head coach: Dale Mitchell.

Interesting. A few observations, of course, only my speculation.

Considering it was Uccello's first appearance at a camp, it is surprising he only got half a game. If I had to guess I would say he will not be included on the final roster.

David Edgar was not included in this camp. I wonder if the choice of Hainault and Kassaye as the two centrebacks has been made.

Seems like Ledgerwood on defence, Peters and Rosenlund in midfield are shoo-ins as they played virtually all minutes at both camps.

It does not appear that Dale has made a starting keeper choice as yet, but it looks like it will be Wagenaar or Begovic.

He is certainly giving Stewart, Schiavone and Will Johnson long looks. Perhaps these guys are on the bubble and a player like Uccello or Edgar are sure things and that is why they played very little or weren't called?

As for Uccello, Mitchell may have not wanted to run him ragged, especially with all the travel etc.

Good to see the guys get the result, and good to see them developing. These guys just need quality time together. I'm not saying they'll win the WYC--I'm not that naive--but I think for them to get to true potential they need proper preparation, and Mitchell seems to be getting their with the guys. Hard to argue against Mitchell, eh? He'll replace Yallop as our National Men's Coach some day, just you watch.

Hey Ivan , as far as Uccello is concerned, the fact that he made the trip over here from Italy for this camp and played in a game I think is a very good sign. If you believe all the hype about him, which stats and updates from Alberto seem to back up, then you can argue that Julian may be one of the best young strikers to come out of Canada in a real long time. (I still look at him as a prospect but I think he has a much better future then Wyn Belotte , who many thought was our big savior) I would think that if Uccello has given his commitment to Mitchell to play for Canada, then he only played in one game as he probably has one of the striker jobs locked up. Dale probably used this second game to take a good look at the other strikers fighting for jobs. Also its a lot of travel for Uccello going back and forth over the pond this month so maybe they worked out a deal with his club or something that he would only play one game. Barring an injury, I'm quite sure we'll see him starting and scoring some goals in this upcoming qualifying tourney.

Just on a side note, its too bad we haven't been able to get the younger Deguzman on board yet, I'd really like to see how he and Uccello play together out there as they appear to be two of the most young skilled players to come out of Canada in a long time. How exciting would that be to build a national team around the two Deguzman brothers, Uccello, Hume, Atiba, Simpson and Occean. Well, were not that far off it.... Man, I'd love to fast forward about 5-6 years into the future right now and see how that turns out...

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Interesting. A few observations, of course, only my speculation.

Considering it was Uccello's first appearance at a camp, it is surprising he only got half a game. If I had to guess I would say he will not be included on the final roster.

David Edgar was not included in this camp. I wonder if the choice of Hainault and Kassaye as the two centrebacks has been made.

Seems like Ledgerwood on defence, Peters and Rosenlund in midfield are shoo-ins as they played virtually all minutes at both camps.

It does not appear that Dale has made a starting keeper choice as yet, but it looks like it will be Wagenaar or Begovic.

He is certainly giving Stewart, Schiavone and Will Johnson long looks. Perhaps these guys are on the bubble and a player like Uccello or Edgar are sure things and that is why they played very little or weren't called?

Dont read into anything why he did this and why he did that. He is the Mister of the team. Goal scorers are hard to find and to buy. As reported from this game many chances of goal scoring lost, one was not enough for the canadian mister as there should have been better result than 1 - 0. Mind you that Ecuador is a weaker team then Panama I should think not much more differnt then Canada. So different games different players. Yes, if the mister of Canada was thinking of reserving Uccello talents for his return trip to Italy it would be on a positive note as he has a game on Sunday. He may have made up his mind after watching him play on tuesday and felt that it was sufficent, on the other hand you could be right, hopefully not.... as he is capable of scoring that important goal when the team needs it. So i would think that just having him on the bench would be a wise move on Canadas part to have them there.

Remember that if you look at Julian stats in Savona the 10 goals he has scored I believe he has 3 game winning goals, 4 ties or 5 ties and has contributed almost 13 points for his team out of the 16 they have in total all in the 12 out of the 17 games he played.

So you cant hide that. He will be there, even on the bench for that matter! Ready and able to help the team out when called upon to do his Job.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Hey Alberto, you probably worked out all the details. I can just picture you with the fat cigar and the flashy gold rings (joke).;)

Cigar yes in fact cuban, Fat no that will kill you![xx(]

But thanks anyhow I know you meant well. Got to have some fun i guess you put a smile on me.

Archived